PG9929 panic button not working with IQ4 NS

I’m still setting up my IQ4 NS panel, and have added a PG9929 4-button key fob.
Arming and disarming work fine.
But pressing the Panic (*) button (for 3 seconds) doesn’t work. The red key fob lamp lights up, and the key fob beeps, followed by the blue lamp above the disarm button. But no siren sounds. This is the same sequence of lamps and beeps that occurs if the disarm button is pressed when the system is already disarmed.

The key fob is set in Sensor Group “1-Mobile Intrusion”
“Police panic”, “Fire panic”, and “Auxiliary panic” are all enabled under Sirens and Alarms in the IQ installer app. Panel sirens is set to “All sirens on”. The siren works correctly if the system is armed and goes into alarm.

I can’t figure out whether I’ve misconfigured something or there’s a bug in the system.

I’d appreciate any help.

Was that PG9929 purchased as a used device?

On the Neo you can configure the onboard button parameters, and button functions can be set to disabled or to custom outputs, some of which would not be supported on the IQ Panel at this time. It would make sense if the button was sending a command for an unsupported feature for the LEDs to behave as you describe.

Do you have any other PG9929s?

Thanks for responding, Jason.
The PG9929 is new. I bought 2 of them and they both behave the same way.

Ah, I did not recall this at first. I requested some info from Qolsys and by default the * key they say is only used for possible PGM output triggering.

The Panic function is performed by using button 5 (holding buttons 1 and 2 simultaneously) on a Qolsys panel.

Thanks! That worked.

A suggestion (for Qolsys) is to make it possible to configure the * key for the panic function. It would be more convenient.

Also to update their PG9929 documentation, which currently states that button 4 is Panic, and button 5 (1 and 2 combined) is “command output”.

Thanks again.

Happy to forward feedback! Glad to hear the device is working.