PG9905 Temp Sensor

No problem. Looks like Qolsys says the high and low temperature thresholds can be set anywhere in between 180 and -40 degrees in sensor programming on firmware 2.4.

1 Like

The device entering alarm due to a high or low temp (determined by your programmed threshold) should be able to trigger a Z-wave device.

1 Like

Qolsys didn’t confirm if they could trigger z-wave devices? I will order one and see if the ADC automation has the capability to control zwave devices during a trigger, high or low. I know with the ADC temp sensor I am not able to do this type of automation since there is no option on the site for temp triggers. It only works directly with the thermostat and with notifications.

Is the PG9905 compatible with the older Qolsys Panel 2+ or only the newer ones that have the PowerG functionality?

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ is PowerG compatible.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is not PowerG compatible.

1 Like

Update: I purchased the PG9905 with temperature probe. No issues getting it installed into my system. It was put in group 51 - Temperature. There was a setting where you can pick your high and low temp. Upon testing I have released the only thing you can do with it is have it send a notification if it hits that hi or low. There is no way to trigger an event. There is not even an option to see the current temperature of the probe, on ADC or on the panel. So it has a very limited use. Maybe at some point they will add to it.

Typically you would use a temp sensor as an aux alarm sensor and set up an alarm based rule in ADC. Are you able to select any other sensor groups? That group 51 is reporting to ADC as a no-response type, so there would be no alarms.

No, that is the only option for group type. The only option is under sensor type, freeze or temperature. Was hoping with this update there would be the option to use this sensor as one of the options in the automation rules in ADC to be able to trigger stuff.

The sensor group is the limitation in this case as it informs the panel how to report to ADC.

Can you try selecting Freeze for the type? What sensor groups are then available?

When I go to freeze it changes it to group 52 with no other options available

Can you go ahead and leave it at group 52 as a freeze sensor for a moment? 52 should report as an aux alarm. Just want to confirm that, because that should give you the ability to set an alarm automation rule for it.

Ok set it to freeze group 52. I’ll check out the ADC site to see if I can do anything with it

So for example, I can set an S-line sensor to use group 52 freeze, then go into Alarm.com and select it for an Event Triggered automation rule when an alarm occurs from that sensor.

Are you able to see that sensor as an option in the Alarm drop down for an automation rule?

No I am still not seeing it under alarm or sensor activity drop down in event triggered rules. I synced my zwave sensors also to see if that would make a difference. Thinking it just isn’t possible at the moment.

That is possible that it’s a specific limitation. There are some things with certain Power G sensors that ADC does not yet support. I am checking to see if this is expected or if there is an ETA for support.

I see this sensor as an option for notifications, just not automation, whereas other sensor group 52 sensors can be selected as an alarm trigger.

ADC has confirmed that they have found a limitation specific to that model. Any sensor programmed as group 52 should be useable as a trigger, but the PG9905 does not report as expected for some reason.

We are reporting this to Qolsys to see if it can be resolved in future firmware.

Ahh, thanks for digging into this for me. Knew something was right. I’ll keep an eye for any changes in upcoming updates.

I’d also like to be able to use a PG9905 temperature sensor as a trigger – is there an ETA on the resolution here?

In addition, when I go to ADC’s Manage Devices → Device Settings, I get an “Oops…Something went wrong” error on the website and a silent failure in the app. Is that the same issue?

Thanks!

Automation is not currently available using the temp sensor as a trigger.

I’m not seeing a related Surety subscription, if you use another alarm provider, please be sure to have your provider push this as a request to Alarm.com as well. The more something is requested the more likely it is to be prioritized.

They would also be able to tell if your device has other potential issues. If the sensor is newly added it may not be reporting as networked yet, and that may be a cause of failure to access device settings. However I am able to view Device Settings for 9905s on our accounts.

Thanks Jason for confirming! The sensor was newly-added, but I can now see the settings after waiting a few hours. I don’t (yet) have Surety so I’ll reach out to my provider.