PG9905 Temp Sensor

I was curious with the addition of the PG9905 temp sensor, would we be able to control zwave devices with it? I know we can’t with a thermostat but thinking that this is a seperate device that could potentially be able to.

I am looking to start my aquarium cooling system when the temp raises to a certain level so I don’t need to keep the circ pump running all the time.

I don’t have a PG9905 here to test the new firmware additions, but 2.4 firmware release notes mention additional temp threshold options for the PG9905, as well as new compatibility with the ADC backend, so you should be able to use the optional probe and create a rule to control a Z-wave device.

I am waiting on a response from Qolsys regarding how granular the threshold options are for the PG9905. Will post reply here!

1 Like

Thanks for the update Jason

No problem. Looks like Qolsys says the high and low temperature thresholds can be set anywhere in between 180 and -40 degrees in sensor programming on firmware 2.4.

1 Like

The device entering alarm due to a high or low temp (determined by your programmed threshold) should be able to trigger a Z-wave device.

1 Like

Qolsys didn’t confirm if they could trigger z-wave devices? I will order one and see if the ADC automation has the capability to control zwave devices during a trigger, high or low. I know with the ADC temp sensor I am not able to do this type of automation since there is no option on the site for temp triggers. It only works directly with the thermostat and with notifications.

Is the PG9905 compatible with the older Qolsys Panel 2+ or only the newer ones that have the PowerG functionality?

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ is PowerG compatible.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is not PowerG compatible.

1 Like