PG9303 magnet mount

I previously used adhesive to mount the PG9303 door/window contact sensors, but now I’m trying to remount one of the. magnets elsewhere using screws. As I don’t have the original box anymore, I’m not sure whether the magnet base which is to be screwed into the wall is a separate piece from the magnet (which I’ve lost) or whether the back of the. magnet can be separated from the cover for mounting. I tried separating the back of the magnet with a screwdriver and it wasn’t working easily.

Put differently, is the surface that is to be screwed into the wall for the magnet the same as where the adhesive previously was? Or is it a separate piece (as it is for the shock sensor PG9935)? Thanks!

Hello Pete,

After reviewing the installation guide linked here, it appears the adhesive method applies it directly on the back of the magnet and is then mounted to the wall, where as the screw method has you open the magnet’s case then install and reapply the casing. The top reference image of the attached manual appears to have holes before applying the adhesive.

It does look to be the same surface for both methods. Are you able to open the magnet’s case to see if there are holes in the back? Attached is an image of the manual for reference. It mentioned screwing the magnet’s base on step 3:
"3. Screw the magnet base on to the door, aligning it with the line on the device. "

Please let me know if you safely open the magnet without damage to check for any mounting holes for screws.

It does look like there are potential screw holes at the back of the magnet; I just wasn’t sure if they should be actually slid onto some posts of a separate piece (as for PG9935):

I twisted a small screwdriver to separate the gaps at each end of the magnet, and this did not cause the cover to pop off:

I think I’ve used as much force as I am used to opening cases of PowerG sensors and just want to double check before I force it further. Moreover, the magnet is now rattling inside. It is clear how to mount the detector component with screws by opening the case; I’m just not sure about the magnet component.

Hello Pete,

I will contact DSC reps again about this issue and see what the correct course of action is. I assume it will be Monday until they reply. Thank you for reaching out!

Hello,

I was able to get ahold of a PG9303. The magnet has 2 indents on each end that are able to be pried opened to reveal the screw indents. Attached are closer images of the device with the indents visible after opening.

I will respond with what DSC has to add and if they have any other tips. After opening, it is only a metal bar (magnet) and no electronics, the rattle may be from this being unseated from it’s position.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am here to help!

Great, thanks – this verifies I should just keep prying harder to take it apart. I won’t work on this til next weekend, so if you get any other word from DSC I’ll appreciate it!

Hello,

The reply contained no new information, only reiterating the manual shows the magnet mount.

Best of luck, reach out if you have any trouble!