Panel Disarmed and no one disarmed it

I am still awaiting an update? Do you feel this is an acceptable follow up time from ADC? Can you let them know that this seems unacceptable?

I can’t speak to an acceptable timeline, I don’t know on their end what the underlying issue is. It may be an issue in the Lutron api for Lutron. I can only guess. It is definitely taking a while. I reached out again today and I am expecting a follow up call this afternoon about Lutron.

The Schlage BE469ZP are apparently found to have inconsistencies with 2GIG GC2 and GC3 according to ADC. However the lock duplicate monitor message in history was found on IQ panels as well, and I sent them an example of a Kwikset lock doing it. There doesn’t appear to be any other effect though.

Alarm.com followed up with me and they have some additional info and troubleshooting.

It looks like the primary culprit regarding lutron devices is device with node id 9. This appears to be a shade device and is spamming the history with the most acknowledgement messages.

Can you try deleting, waiting ten minutes or so, and then relearning in that shade, node 9?

Rules and scenes would need to be updated again after relearning it. We want to see if the repeater returns the same frequency of acknowledgements for it after it is freshly installed. The expectation is that they should cease.

They are also asking for another timestamp when control of the shades fails. If this occurs again, turn the wifi off on the phone and just use cell data.

Try sending commands through both Lutron and Alarm.com on just cell data. Any difference? If Alarm.com still fails, take a screenshot of any error/timeout message.

Then ADC wants to verify whether you can send a command to a Lutron light successfully at the same time the Shades are down. I imagine so, but they want to see that back to back in history to compare the responses from the system.

Just to clarify, are you asking me to relearn node 9 in the Lutron System or the ADC system.

Learning it into the Lutron system would require a tech as its pretty complex. ADC should be easy…with that being said can you guide me through that if that is what you want me to do?

Also, can we start with the locks? Seem like a lot simplier to start with and resolve.

Alarm.com was referencing removal of the Node through Lutron I believe separately, however if you would prefer we can first try just deleting the Lutron account link in general and then you can reconnect it to your Alarm.com account.

Would you like to try that?

Also, can we start with the locks? Seem like a lot simplier to start with and resolve.

That’s not the case. There is nothing to test with the locks at this time. The actual issue we are describing doesn’t have any additional impact beyond duplicated status messages and is being looked into by ADC.

The issue with the Lutron nodes is not related to the locks. The Lutron nodes are actually spamming the event buffer with acknowledgements apparently, and very well could be a cause of the intermittent loss of control of the shades you described.

Can you walk me through the process of deleted and re-adding the shades? I went into the shades on the ADC web portal and can not figured it out

The Lutron removal would need us to remove the Lutron link, then you could re-add it through the Alarm.com website. This would remove all Lutron devices. Would you like me to do that?

yes, please.

can you tell me where I go to re-add it?

Certainly, to relink that Lutron RadioRa2, please power cycle the main repeater, then send the Serial Number off the main repeater label to me via private message.

lutron was deleted and re-added…Does this change any of the behaviors of the shades on the ADC end?

So far you have a couple dozen lutron status messages in history. Previously there were 1000+ every day. As of yet I am not seeing anywhere near the spam messages, so that’s a positive sign.

Let it run normally for a day or so then we’ll check the event history again.

Checking in to see if there has been Improvement

Yes, activity acknowledgements from the Lutron repeater are not spamming the history. It looks normal at this time.

Good

And the locks are not doing it either? They are constantly falling offline BTW

The locks are unchanged. They are not related to Lutron. See above.

Locks showing offline is a separate Z-wave network signaling issue. I see the Kitchen, Courtyard, and Fire Bowl devices showing offline malfunctions in the past month. I’ve sent a Network Rediscovery to repair routes.

The Schlage BE469ZP has unfortunately been discovered to have issues with 2GIG GC2 and GC3 panels according to ADC. The GC2 and GC3 will not be seeing further firmware updates so unfortunately some inconsistencies are not possible to avoid.

This just appeared tonight

Looks like immediately following that malfunction in communication to the main repeater resolved, the repeater started bombarding the Alarm.com event buffer with acknowledgements.

We are back to seeing hundreds per event for those Lutron devices. I’m sending this info to ADC to update the ticket that was forwarded to engineers.

As you know, switched to IQ4

Has the bombarding and excessive commands stopped for my Lutron blinds and Schlage locks? Fingers crossed

It’s only been a few days with the new system, but thought I would check now and then maybe in 3 months.

Still seeing those, but switching the panel would have no impact on Lutron stuff at all, and the lock situation is different. We know your locks are officially compatible with the new panel and don’t have other issues.

I do see the Kitchen lock duplicating some messages. I followed up on the original Alarm.com ticket letting them know we see the same on the IQ Panel 4.