Panel Access Problem

Hi Guys,

Do I have to give a user ‘panel access’ in order for them to disarm alarm through secondary keypad (PAD1)? I didn’t think I had to, but a user has brought it to my attention she can no longer disarm. She has never had panel access but says she was able to disarm up until about 2-3 days ago.

I double-checked and it doesn’t disarm with her code but will with mine and another person’s who has panel access. I’m using GC2 main control panel with v1.19 firmware (build 16329).

Thanks…!

Do I have to give a user ‘panel access’ in order for them to disarm alarm through secondary keypad (PAD1)? I didn’t think I had to, but a user has brought it to my attention she can no longer disarm. She has never had panel access but says she was able to disarm up until about 2-3 days ago.

I double-checked and it doesn’t disarm with her code but will with mine and another person’s who has panel access. I’m using GC2 main control panel with v1.19 firmware (build 16329).

Yes, a code must be active on the panel to be accepted.

If you have rules which automatically disarm the system when a Lock is unlocked, that is one way that a user could disarm with a code that is not in the panel (at the lock) as lock access is set separately to panel access.

I meant in the Alarm.com CP at the ‘users’ tab. Where it says ‘Panel Access’.

Icom-751-Parts-List_008.png

Yes, we see what you are referring to in your codes list. Panel access is given separately to lock access.

Panel access must be enabled for it to be accepted by the Pad1/GC2.

The only way a code could be used otherwise is if it was previously added and did not get deleted, or if you use lock automation rules where the lock automatically disarms the system and that individual’s code can control the lock.

You in fact do have lock disarm rules, so I would assume the user in question is used to disarming the system automatically by entering a code at the lock. That same code would not work at the PAD1 or GC2 unless you enable Panel Access.

Did the user previously enter the code at the PAD1 specifically?

She said she did. She needs it to disarm before opening a door. The alarm is in “alarm on - stay” mode when she’s inside. I will give her panel access I guess and see if that works.

Thanks.

I will give her panel access I guess and see if that works.

That should be all that is needed! Let us know if you have any trouble with the code