out door motion detector

Hello all;

I was hoping you could recommend a motion detector that is made for out door use and that I can be used with my VIVINT sky panel security system.

I have already figured out how I would hook up a wired sesnor on the system; but now I need to find the hardware.

Any help would be great. Thank you very much in advance.

Dante

have you verified you have installer access?

see: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/pairing-an-aeon-labs-aeotec-sensor-with-a-2gig-panel/#post-3356

Riven;

Yes, thank you for mentioning that.

But I do have installer access.

I have all ready created a mock sensor set up using two wires. Now I need a real sensor that can provide eather a closure or an open.

I assume it would have to be battery powered. But of there was a AC powered sensor that provided an non powered interlock out put of some kind that wild be awesome.

see the posted link above

Thanks riven

I assume it would have to be battery powered. But of there was a AC powered sensor that provided an non powered interlock out put of some kind that wild be awesome.

You’re looking for a wired outdoor motion detector. The ones mentioned in that other topic are wireless. This is a pretty good outdoor wired motion detector.

As per my experience you can easily build your own motion detector sensor using the IR and the LASER sensor,But i am not understanding why you want to achieve it using wired sensor.
Also if you are looking for the wired sensor then what kind of wired sensor you are lookinf for?
According to me wireless sensor can serve you best.

So, could you wire that into a 2gig thin window sensor using Loop1 and keep the thin sensor inside?

Yes, you could wire the contact terminals to the input of the DW10, RE201, etc., to use as a transmitter.