OTA firmware upgrade

Is it possible to get an OTA firmware upgrade being that my panel is way out of reach from my computer to do it with the update cabel, I currently have 1.10 what if any cost would there be? Is there an extension for the update cable to stretch at least 20 feet?
Thank You

If you can’t get the panel turned off and off the wall to get to a computer, we can push an OTA update. The cost to us is passed on, so it is $15 per update. If you would like to proceed, you can email us your account information and the request to purchase an OTA firmware update to customerservice@suretyDIY.com or Live Chat us via the website during business hours and a customer service representative will be happy to get you started. You’ll want to make sure that the panel does not loose power while the update is still underway.

Generally if there is a way for you to update using the cable, I strongly recommend it. Updating via the cable is much more reliable, and it is much, much faster (about 10 minutes versus up to 12 hours). For DIYers who are more likely to want to update as new releases in firmware are made, it is also going to be cheaper in the long run to purchase a cable (~$30) since the cost would be even after just two updates.

I am not aware of a form of extension for the cable. The panel’s mounted in a way that makes it impossible to take down temporarily?

You should be able to use a standard USB extender for the update cable. Monoprice has a 32ft. long USB extender for $8.71.

It should also be noted that if you have a TS1 an OTA update will not update the TS1. You will need an update cable in order to update the TS1. If the firmware versions on the TS1 and GoControl Panel do not match up, they will not work with each other.

It should also be noted that if you have a TS1 an OTA update will not update the TS1. You will need an update cable in order to update the TS1.

This has been changed, and is no longer true. Main panel and TS1 firmware can now be pushed OTA via alarm.com airfx for 1.10 and above.

You can also push an OTA update seperately to the TS1 only by selecting an update ending with (TS1).