Ordering New Qolsys 2+ Panel for 4G Support

Got your email re expiry of 3G support. I didn’t see an “upgrade” option in your store so I ordered a new Qolsys 2+ Panel. Do you automatically recognize this an as upgrade, or do I need to do anything else to receive your offer of free one month of service?

No, not automatically. I do see the order, I’m assuming that you do not need the new subscription for service that comes with the new order, correct?

I can delete that subscription and add the complimentary month of service to your existing account for you.

Please delete the >new< subscription and add the complimentary month of service to my existing account. Thanks!

No problem. This has been taken care of. Your next monthly service payment will fall on 12/6/2020.

Regarding the new panel, you have the option to run a backup of your current Qolsys Gen 1 panel settings and have that pushed to the new panel. This way you do not have to re-program existing wireless sensors. Z-wave devices would need to be learned in manually afterwards.

More information on this topic can be found here.

If this is something you would like to do, let us know and we can run the back up now (provided your Gen 1 is currently signaling.)

Can I complete the “Swap Cellular Module/Panel” procedure outlined in your email if I no longer have 3G service?

Just got to upgrading my Qolsys Gen 1 to the IQ Panel 2 (a month later) and saw your post re backing up panel settings. Ran a cell test on the Gen 1 panel, which failed to connect, and confirmed with the Opensignal app that I no longer have 3G service.

So clearly I will have to reregister the sensors. Wondering if the Swap Cellular Module procedure depends on the old unit still communicating?

Can I complete the “Swap Cellular Module/Panel” procedure outlined in your email if I no longer have 3G service?

Have you already learned sensors into the new Qolsys IQ Panel 2?

It appears that your Gen 1 panel is still connected to Alarm.com and is responding to pings. I can try to run a backup at this time if you would like. If the backup takes, then we can do the backup restore provided there are not sensors learned into the IQ Panel 2

Haven’t done anything with the new panel except unbox it, and the Gen 1 panel is still connected.

Please try to take a backup.

Backup successful.

When ready to perform the panel swap, please make sure both panels are powered down completely (transformer then internal battery).

Then send us a Private Message that you are ready to begin the swap process and include the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number. The swap process can begin during normal business hours M-F, although we are closed Thursday and Friday of this week.