Options For Integrating a Float Switch

I’m looking to tie monitoring of our septic and lift-station pump tanks into the IQ Panel 4. Each already has an emergency float switch (pretty much just a NO sensor that closes when the water level gets too high). The solution would have to be wireless, and I’d rather not go the route of adding a water sensor to each tank if I can avoid it, and just tap into the existing float sensors.

Are there any products that are conducive to this? I guess what I’m really after is essentially a single-zone hardwire translator.

PowerG PG9945, PG9309, and PG9312 all an external aux input that can be configured as NC/NO.

There is a video on YouTube covering the IQ4 + PG9945 specifically and it shows the IQ4 recognizes the aux input under “Sensor Input” option. It appears like it’s an either/or scenario so you can’t use the internal reed switch and the aux input at the same time, but that shouldn’t be needed in your case.

Here is a screengrab in the video:

2022-03-05 09_36_45-(67) Qolsys IQ Panel 4 PG9945 Wireless Enrollment - YouTube

if your float switch is functioning like a typical NO sensor then you should be able to simply splice onto the float switch wires and wire them into the aux input on one of these sensors then program the sensor as “Auxiliary Normally Open” and you will be good to go.

2 Likes

Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!