OPTEHX40RAM open

Hi have subject exterior motion 5 years old wired to TAKE345 on 2 Gig panel
Worked fine till today. Now says it’s open and hasn’t closed. Is there away to force it back ? I’m not at the site often lately. It’s cold and windy there today… wonder if I. Can hope it will fix itself (lol) when normal weather returns?

Is there away to force it back ?

There is no way to manually change a sensor’s circuit open status, no. If that sensor is reporting open non-stop it would need to be checked locally and would need to troubleshoot causes. Alternatively it can be bypassed or deleted from the system.

FYI it looks like you are referencing a motion detector zone that is programmed as a perimeter zone, not a motion detector zone. This means that it will not follow Stay/Away arming convention for motion detectors and will be armed during stay, and will not follow entry/exit delay beeps, potentially alarming during the countdown.

Can you tell me what to set it as. Its an outdoor motion that i want to trigger alarm whenever the alarm is set sya or away.

Im going there tomorrow…would please, you suggest what to do to trouble shoot it?

Thx

Its an outdoor motion that i want to trigger alarm whenever the alarm is set sya or away

If you want it to cause an alarm during Stay arming, then you are fine with the current programming.

Im going there tomorrow…would please, you suggest what to do to trouble shoot it?

Looks like yours is a battery operated model. It states that it can detect someone spraying the face of it to obscure the detector, so I would check if it has had wind blow snow over the face of the detector, that might explain why it has remained open.

I would also double check to see if it shows as open on the panel, to make sure the panel and ADC are in sync on its status. If not, just try triggering it a couple times and see if the status on ADC updates. If it doesn’t, let us know.

That’s an outdoor model so it should be fine, but double check that the battery case is closed firmly and no moisture damage has occurred.