Older Concord 4 Hybrid System

I have a Concord 4 panel with a few wired and about 15 wireless sensors. It has an older 2g cellular communicator which is obsolete. I understand I’d need an Interlogix LTE communicator to get the system set up for monitoring.

I understand Interlogix is getting out of the home security business, and I’m concerned about owning a good. but unsupported system. Is there a more modern panel that would be able to use the GE NX650 wireless sensors that come with the Concord panel?

I’ll want to self install and probably self monitor once I have an alarm.com account. Thanks!

1 Like

The main panel we recommend is the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. It works with GE sensors such as the NX-650. Here’s a list of compatible sensors.

You’ll have a much better experience with the Qolsys panel than the Concord. It’s the best Alarm.com panel available.

For the wired sensors, it has a couple wired sensor inputs if you can get the wires to the panel. Otherwise, you can use IQ Mini Extended or the Hardwire 16-F to convert them into encrypted wireless sensors.

Will the Qolsys IQ 2 panel support my existing NX-650 319.5 sensors? It seems the IQ 2+ panel has a couple more features, but they don’t seem very useful in my situation (live view, live answer, PowerG), if the IQ 2 panel would control my sensors. Am I on the right track? Thanks

Will the Qolsys IQ 2 panel support my existing NX-650 319.5 sensors?

Yes, that is what Roy was referencing saying existing GE sensors would work. The standard IQ Panel 2+ uses a legacy 319.5 mhz radio and a Power G radio.

This makes it compatible with legacy 319.5 mhz sensors, S-Line encrypted 319.5 sensors, and Power G sensors.

I was asking about the Qolsys IQ 2, not the IQ 2+. Thanks

Surety

Support. Answers. Connected Home.

Jason

jwcsurety

Surety Team Member

April 17

Will the Qolsys IQ 2 panel support my existing NX-650 319.5 sensors?

Yes, that is what Roy was referencing saying existing GE sensors would work. The standard IQ Panel 2+ uses a legacy 319.5 mhz radio and a Power G radio.

This makes it compatible with legacy 319.5 mhz sensors, S-Line encrypted 319.5 sensors, and Power G sensors.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 has a 319.5Mhz radio daughter card which works with 319.5Mhz sensors.

To clarify, that panel has been discontinued and replaced with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ series. The QS9201-1208-840 version of the IQP2+ sold through Surety includes a 319.5Mhz daughter card as well.