Old Vivint equipment, new 2 Gig Panel

My Vivint contract is terminating next month and planning to go to alarm.com. I’m buying a 2Gig panel and a GSM module (recommended by alarm.com) as the existing Sky Panel is not compatible with Alarm.com.
My questions:

1. Do I need to remove the ADC cameras and sensors from Vivint before I activate with alarm.com even though I will not be using the Sky Panel?
  2. Do the cameras need a fw update?

Thank you,
db

When buying the 2GIG panel you need a 4G LTE module to connect to Alarm.com. You will also need to make sure the panel has the proper firmware to communicate with the panel as well. Which 2GIG panel are you looking into?

Do I need to remove the ADC cameras and sensors from Vivint before I activate with alarm.com even though I will not be using the Sky Panel?

Do you have Alarm.com compatible cameras connected now?

A list of compatible cameras can be found here. If so, they would need to be removed from the account prior to switching.

Sensors connected to the SkyPanel may or may not actually be compatible with the new 2GIG panel. Z-Wave devices would be.

RF sensors would not have to be removed from programming but Z-Wave devices would need to be removed from the parent network, either at the current panel or the new panel, before being added to the new panel.

Do the cameras need a fw update?

If the cameras are Alarm.com compatible, firmware is typically automatically detected and updated upon connecting them to the new Alarm.com account.

Tyler G, thanks for the response. Yes, I checked the link and it lists ADC-V520IR as supported. I believe my window sensors (2GIG DW10-345) are supported as well.
Another question if I may, are there resources you can point me to regarding wired door sensors and the 2gig 2GIG-CP21-345E panel?

Thanks much,
db

Yes, I checked the link and it lists ADC-V520IR as supported.

Correct, this is an Alarm.com compatible camera.

You may be able to reuse the camera. Cameras can only be linked to one account at a time, and based on historical posts the cams are usually left attached to accounts from that service provider. It will need to be removed from your existing account prior to using it through Surety. Cameras can only be attached to one account at a time.

I believe my window sensors (2GIG DW10-345) are supported as well.

The DW10-345 is compatible. The Sky Panel also uses very simliar sensors, designated DW11-345. these are not compatible with the 2GIG panel.

Another question if I may, are there resources you can point me to regarding wired door sensors and the 2gig 2GIG-CP21-345E panel?

If looking to use existing wired door contacts, you would want the2GIG TAKE-345 Super Switch. This converts wired contacts into wireless. An installation guide can be found through the previous link.

This won’t work with wired life safety devices ( Smokes, Carbon, etc)

It looks like it may be easier to install wireless door sensors instead.

Thanks,

db

Yeah, if you only have 3-4 or fewer wired sensors the price difference in replacing the sensors or using a hardwire translator is typically small. Most people opt to just replace the sensors in the case of only having a few.

Is it safe to assume that [2GIG TAKE-345 Super Switch] can be used with a wired motion detector?

Thanks,

db

Yes that is correct, wired motions can be used with the TAKE-345 Super Switch

What gauge wire is recommended for the 2GIG CP21 345e power?

Thanks,
db

18 Gauge cable would work

Thank you. Ordered equipment and looking forward to the installation this weekend.

Thank you,
db