Odd messages on alarm.com

Hi,

I added a 2GIG-SP1-GC3 secondary panel to my system recently, which is working fine. When I login to alarm.com and look at devices, I’m seeing some oddities. There is a popup that says “Warning: you have given the same name to multiple sensors. We recommend giving each sensor a unique name so that you can easily differentiate between sensors.”

Then at the bottom of the device list, I have 2 labeled “Back Door”. Is the secondary panel supposed to show up here? Why does it have device state unknown? Also, is there any concern that it is ID 1, but I already have another ID 1 at the top of the list?

I did rename the secondary panel to Back Door Panel via installer toolbox, but it hasn’t updated on the alarm.com devices page, should I just manually rename it there?

Happy to help!

Currently, the SP1 is labelled as Back Door and is appearing this way in Alarm.com and the device status of unknown for the SP1 has cleared.

The message you are seeing “Warning: you have given the same name to multiple sensors. We recommend giving each sensor a unique name so that you can easily differentiate between sensors.” is in reference to the SP1 and an RF sensor sharing the same name of “Back Door”

Changing one of the device names should clear this message. You can do this through Alarm.com directly via Settings -> Devices.

The secondary panel will show as ID 1 as it is the first secondary panel listed. The RF sensor listed as ID 1 shows this way as it is the first RF sensor in the list. This is normal.

Thank you!

Can I get someone to run a equipment list update command to get my zwave devices into alarm.com?

Thanks,
David

I’d be happy to but for future reference you can do that in System Manager.

1 Like