Not getting notifications

I have 3 garage doors. They are all set up to notify me if they are open or closed or left open.

The left and right one’s notify me perfectly. i have them doing push and email.

The middle garage is not notifying me via email all the time. It does notify me via push. I checked my spam folder and those notifications are not in there

I have deleted the checkmark next to the notification, saved, then rechecked it and saved, and still do not get emails for middle garage

The sensor seems to be working as when I open and close the door it announces it verbally on the panel

I’m not seeing any example of the notification not firing in history, can you provide a time stamp when the email notification for Middle Garage open or close does not reach you?

Looking at the notifications, it looks like you do not have email recipients selected in your Left Open notification for the garage doors. Are these the ones you are referencing as missing?

Just opened and closed the middle garage door at 1:56 PM PDT. NO email notification. HOwever I received the push on my phone

I thought my notifications were built around a rule that checked off all 3 garage doors so the email request should be for all 3 doors.

The notification is just called “Garage door” and has 3 doors checked off

In addition to the above, not receiveing the text notification either…just push. Looks like any notifications regarding text stopped july 12

I thought my notifications were built around a rule that checked off all 3 garage doors so the email request should be for all 3 doors.

This is correct, but there are two notifications. Open/Close is one notification, Left Open is another notification. The Left Open one does not have any email recipient.

The Middle Garage Door sensor was opened, I see it in history, but I actually don’t see any notifications going out for that at all.

What went out was a Left Open Restoral. There would be no email for that notification because email is not set as a recipient.

So to troubleshoot the open close, I think that notification may be using the MyQ device status, not the sensor. The names are identical.

Instead, can you try creating a new notification, instead of selecting Garage Open Close, just select Sensor Activity as the notification type, and select the Middle Garage Door as the sensor. Wait 5 minutes and test.

In addition to the above, not receiveing the text notification either…just push. Looks like any notifications regarding text stopped july 12

Looks like in account history you made edits to the Garage device names that day. Not sure if that is relevant, but in any case, to troubleshoot that existing Garage Open/Close notification type, I would try deleting that notification and recreating it.

If you want to use the alarm sensors instead of the MyQ device status, create a Sensor Activity notification.

Ok will try and report back.

And if you are wondering why I have so many notifications, I did this because as you know, I was having issues with the garage doors opening without me opening them and wanted to be sure to be notified when this happens. Sometimes I don’t have my cell phone on me when at home and sometimes my be on my ipad and i built in redundancy as I am paranoid about my garage doors being open.
in the future
Switching to the complete MyQ garage door openers may diminish this paranoia in the future.

But this begs the question…wheter or not it was the garage door showing open or closed, why would it not notify. If it shows open, it should notify open, even if it was the garage door opener and not the sensor, right?

But this begs the question…wheter or not it was the garage door showing open or closed, why would it not notify. If it shows open, it should notify open, even if it was the garage door opener and not the sensor, right?

Your Left Open notification uses the alarm sensor status.

Your Garage Open/Close doesn’t, it uses the automation device status. The MyQ device status did not update when you last opened the door. Did you open via the wall button? Try opening by sending a command, is there a difference?

The alarm sensor status did change. That’s why the Left Open notification fired.

That’s why I suggested the Sensor Activity notification instead. This will use the same sensor for both notifications and rule out all other issues.

I think there is no problem with email here, the confusion is due to how the notifications trigger and the MyQ device status not changing. Earlier I do see your Right and Left MyQ device status change, but it looks like those are in relation to remote commands. I am curious if that is the difference.

If you manually open the Right and Left doors from a wall button, do you see the same missing Open/Close notification?

Seems to work now except for text. But that could be a factor of bad reception and my phone is on wifi when I am at home typically. But that would seem strange as I have not received any text about any garage door since July 12th and I have been in cellular signal since then

I have Left and Right Garage door on complete MYQ Chamerlain new garage door openers.

My middle garage door is using the Linear Z wave device to an older garage door opener.

All three garage door openers have sensors as well.

When I was testing with you today, I was using the wired wall switch

The right and left garage doors did not have a notification issue when opening or closing. I was notified by push and email…The outstanding issue is that texts dont seem to go through.

I have At&T. I did switch phones a while ago. but still on At&t

I am concerned with other neotifcations where I selected text as a notification method

There was a button to switch between active and not active as far as the text under users.

It was turned off for me. Strange. Everyone else was on. Seems redundant to have that switch. If you don’t want texts, just delete the text number. In current state you have to add text number and make sure it is active

Ah, yes there is an enabled/disabled toggle for SMS numbers. This allows you to pause SMS messages without editing all notifications individually.