No monitoring in Florida?

So I was all ready to buy… I’ve been researching for months. I had it down to the Qolsys system. Then BAM. As I was checking out with all my goodies I get a big error message that says SuretyDIY doesn’t monitor in the state of Florida… Wow… what a huge let down. I guess I’m forced to go to a local security company and overpay.

I’m sorry. Florida has some very protectionist licensing requirements and we would need to open an office there in order to monitor alarms there. We’re working on it but we don’t have an ETA when we’ll be able to. 24/7 central station monitoring is offered to residents in the state of Florida.

Is there any way to buy the hardware and alarm.com subscription from you guys then have a local security company hook me up with central monitoring? Does it work like that? I know COPS is very popular in my state. Many of the big companies online (frontpoint, Live watch, Simplysafe) use COPS.

We can add you to a list to be notified when we have alarm monitoring service available in Florida. That’s the best we can do at this time. 24/7 central station monitoring is offered to residents in the state of Florida.

Scotty, who did you find to monitor in Florida? I just went through the ordeal as you.

Locknalarm/buy2gig.com just started offering DIY/no contract monitoring and alarm.com plans for Florida and Canadian residents.

LocknAlarm uses Alarm Tech Central Service,
which is also a CSAA 5 Diamond Certified Central Station.

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/181-LocknAlarm-to-offer-2GIG-DIY-Monitoring-Plans-to-Florida-and-Canadian-residents

I went to their site and read…I don’t see where they will unlock my panel like surety, do you know if this is the case? I want full control of my system when I want it.

My understanding is they will release/unregister cell modules upon request, and remotely (via Airfx) reset Q43 installer code, and the Q44 lockout to default upon request for new accounts…just like Suretycam.

I am in FL also and would like to be added to the notification list please. So using the Vivout kit without central monitoring, does it allow automation for notifications? Will I receive a text or anything should my alarm go off for instance?
(I know it’s probably a newb question, but I am a newb!)!

Thank you,

Mike

...Vivout kit without central monitoring, does it allow automation for notifications? Will I receive a text or anything should my alarm go off for instance?

Yes.

Is this available yet?

Unfortunately, no, not at this time.

Am I correct in my understanding that I can buy the Qolsys and get alarm.com to self monitor, just no central monitoring through you?

Yes.

Please kindly add me to a list to be notified when suretyDIY offers alarm monitoring service in Florida

We’re glad to hear it, if you subscribe to this forum thread you can receive an email notification when any updates are posted.

following