No cellphone test option

Got my kit this week. I removed the panel and powered down. Updated software to latest version 17.03. Watched this go off without a hitch.

Replaced with new cell phone module. Reconnected power. Noticed that my old installer code still worked and Vivint was still on the main screen. Which I thought was odd… Went to installer menu to run cellphone test - it’s not there. Figured I could probably put this thing back to it’s factory defaults and see what happens.

Currently, Surety logo is on the menu. Installer code is back to default. But still no cellphone test available. Confirmed version of software as 17.03 release on the menu. Double and triple checked the cell radio module. Searched the forum and found a recommendation to disconnect power and leave off for 3 minutes. Still no cellphone test or radio available. Everything is working fine on the app…do I need to still do this?

If the module was able to start communication and you have remote access to the panel, no, you would not need to perform the test to get started, but it is important to have access to the cell phone test option for troubleshooting etc.

Can you post a photo of the toolbox screen where the test box should be? Go to Security > Menu > Toolbox > scroll right twice > you should see in descending order Telephone Test, Cell Phone Test, Installer Toolbox.

Jason, it’s just not there. I’ll see if can get a picture of it tomorrow.

As to not create another thread - I’m also having a problem programming in door sensors. I’ve started putting my existing ones back in and followed the video tutorial. The only thing I’ve done different is added them to loop 1 as it seemed that loop two gave me problems.

My recessed door sensors haven’t been an issue, but the thins have causing me problems. I add them and then let the system reboot. When it comes back on, it states that I can’t arm the system because the device is open. Both thins that I have tried have done this to me. Any tips on how to fix this?

As to not create another thread – I’m also having a problem programming in door sensors. I’ve started putting my existing ones back in and followed the video tutorial. The only thing I’ve done different is added them to loop 1 as it seemed that loop two gave me problems.

My recessed door sensors haven’t been an issue, but the thins have causing me problems. I add them and then let the system reboot. When it comes back on, it states that I can’t arm the system because the device is open. Both thins that I have tried have done this to me. Any tips on how to fix this?

Loop 1 is correct for the DW20R recessed sensor.

Loop 1 is not correct for DW10 Thin Door/Window contacts. Loop 2 is used for the built-in reed switch. Loop 1 on the DW10 is only used for the wired contact input.

Sensor programming tutorials can be found here.