New System

I would like to replace my Vivint GC2 system with a suretyDYI GC3 system. My Vivint GC2 is no longer active.

I would like my system to be centrally monitored.

Do my 2GIG components (camera, door lock, sensors, smoke detector, etc) have to be unlocked in my GC2 panel prior to moving them over to the GC3? If so, how do I do that?

I do have a Wink Hub 2 that I have my current home automation components connected to (not the legacy GC2 components). I would like to add the camera, door lock, motion sensors, etc. to my Wink Hub 2 (and new GC3 panel) once they’re disconnected from my legacy Vivint GC2 panel.

I’m trying to figure out what my first steps need to be. I know that I need to order the new GC3 panel, but what then?

Thank you,
Dave

Do my 2GIG components (camera, door lock, sensors, smoke detector, etc) have to be unlocked in my GC2 panel prior to moving them over to the GC3? If so, how do I do that?

Just to clarify, do you have a GC2 (Go!Control Panel, shown here), or a Sky Panel? If the GC2, you would not require the old panel in order to re-use components like Z-wave devices and sensors.

If you have a Sky Panel instead, it can be tricky and Z-wave devices may need to be removed at the Sky Panel first.

BTW, are you referring to an Alarm.com Video Camera? Note that the Video Cameras should be deleted from your old account manually otherwise they cannot be added to a new account.

I do have a Wink Hub 2 that I have my current home automation components connected to (not the legacy GC2 components). I would like to add the camera, door lock, motion sensors, etc. to my Wink Hub 2 (and new GC3 panel) once they’re disconnected from my legacy Vivint GC2 panel.

It is important to separate Alarm sensors from Z-wave devices when thinking of the system components.

Light switches, door locks, thermostats, these are automation devices using Z-wave. They can be added to either the Wink or the GC3. If added to the Wink, you can try learning the GC3 as a secondary controller in that network and having control of compatible Z-wave devices through both Alarm.com and Wink.

Alarm motion detectors, door sensors, window sensors, etc., used with the GC2 and GC3 are not Z-wave. Z-wave sensors are not compatible. Please see this page for more info.

The GC2 and GC3 use 345 Mhz Honeywell/2GIG RF sensors.

I’m trying to figure out what my first steps need to be. I know that I need to order the new GC3 panel, but what then?

How our service works in general can be found here.

Should you wish to get started with a new GC3 Panel and service, you would want a GC3 Panel, your chosen communication module (coverage check tool can be found here) and your desired service plan. As a month to month service you can request adjustments to your plan at any time. A comparison of our service plans is found here.

To remotely use automation devices like door locks and lights, Interactive Gold would be needed.