New system / parts recommendations requested

I notice from the web site that the parts available for the older Go!Control system (which is what I have) have slimmed down a bit, but that the GC3 and QolSys products are better represented. I need to buy a few more wireless sensors and magnets, as I’m having window replacement done on the house. So my questions are two-fold: It looks like I can get basic wireless window/door sensors that will be compatible on the Go!Control, but are there any other after-market brands that will work as well? How about the “PowerG” products you also have?

The second part plays into the age of the system as well. Often times (not always) when I tap the “Arm / Away” button on the control panel, the system sound drops off immediately, so I can’t hear the “System armed / exit now” voice message. It’s not critical but it is annoying. The next day it’ll work fine - it’s very random (the keypad “beeps” on the control panel never seem to fail). It’s really the only “problem” the system exhibits. I’d like to either fix the issue (speaker? wire?) or, perhaps, just buy a new control panel/system. It would be preferable not to invest in additional hardware for the current system only to swap out the panel in the near future. And I have not yet really investigated if I would have to swap out all the sensors too, if I go with a new panel.

So I’m at a bit of a crossroad: If the system “voice message” drops can be easily fixed, I would just keep the existing panel/system. But if the parts selection for my existing system gets scarcer in the near term anyway, it might be a good idea to move up to a more current model. Can I get your thoughts on these issues / perspectives? My apologies if you’ve answered similar inquiries before, but its a lot of pages to plow thru on the forum to find anything on the topic. :slight_smile: Thanks!

It looks like I can get basic wireless window/door sensors that will be compatible on the Go!Control, but are there any other after-market brands that will work as well? How about the “PowerG” products you also have?

Most 345MHz sensors would be compatible with the 2GIG Go!Control. These products available through Surety would be compatible. Keep in mind that you do not have to purchase products through Surety in order to utilize them with our service.

345Mhz sensors from HoneyWell and Resolution Products could also be utilized with the 2GIG Go!Control.

PowerG would not be compatible with the 2GIG Go!Control (Or GC3). This is an encrypted sensor technology that operates on a different frequency and is currently used by the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus and the DSC PowerSeries Neo.

And I have not yet really investigated if I would have to swap out all the sensors too, if I go with a new panel.

Currently, your wireless sensors would operate on the 345MHz frequency. These would be compatible with any panel that also communicates on the 345MHz frequency, such as the 2GIG Go!Control, the 2GIG GC3 or even the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus with the 345MHz radio installed (QS9201-5208-840)

Additionally, if you switched to a panel without a 345Mhz radio, such as the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 + with 319.5 MHz S-Line radio, you could utilize a wireless translator like the Resolution Products RE524X to convert your existing 345MHz sensors into 319.5 MHz.

Either way you would have options to reuse your current 345MHz wireless sensors.

If the system “voice message” drops can be easily fixed, I would just keep the existing panel/system.

You could try powering down the panel completely, transformer first, then the battery, and open the panel to check if the speaker wire has become loose or damaged. You may want to unplug the speaker and plug it back in as well. Unfortunately, I do not believe 2GIG sells extra internal parts like the speaker.

But if the parts selection for my existing system gets scarcer in the near term anyway,

345 MHz Compatible sensors can be found from our storefront as well as a variety of vendors online. Are there any specific sensors you are looking for currently?

Thanks Tyler! I will power down the panel and see if anything “jumps out at me” when inspecting the internals. I had thought of doing this eventually, but wanted to check for any background wisdom first.

As for new sensors, I am just looking at getting additional standard door/window sensor/contact set like the 2GIG-DW10-345 or even possibly the 2GIG-DW40-345. Thanks again for the info.