New Service Questions

I just signed up for the service today and have a few questions:

1. I had previously changed the installer pass code on the system (thought this was a good idea) and It looks SuretyDIY changed it back to 1561 (default) when the service was activated. Also, I am now unable to change this password to something else? Should this be set to the default? and is there a reason you want it to stay set at 1561?

2. A number of other GC3 Control panel settings were changed as part of the activation process. Are these the settings you want and am I not supposed to change any of them?

3. The radio signal level on the GC3 seems to go between 1 and 3. It seems to be working just fine and I receive a “success” message whenever I run the radio test. I would hate to have to install a cell Radio antenna in the attic (2GIG ANT2x) since it is not in a easy spot to get to and 2gig will eventually come out with Wi-Fi support. Will you inform me if there is a problem and I need to do something before Wi-Fi support comes out?

Appreciate your help.

I had previously changed the installer pass code on the system (thought this was a good idea) and It looks SuretyDIY changed it back to 1561 (default) when the service was activated. Also, I am now unable to change this password to something else?

As part of our initial command template, since the service is DIY and opening access to the end user, the installer code and programming access Questions are defaulted (general programming questions are set to our standard as well, leading into your second question.)

You can absolutely change the installer code. We recommend changing it to the code you desire. More commonly users are beginning service without installer access already.

Have you tried changing the code again and been unable to? I can take a look at that.

A number of other GC3 Control panel settings were changed as part of the activation process. Are these the settings you want and am I not supposed to change any of them?

These are standard template commands to set baseline programming. Any you wish to change is up to you. They only get set automatically at the start of service.

The radio signal level on the GC3 seems to go between 1 and 3. It seems to be working just fine and I receive a “success” message whenever I run the radio test. I would hate to have to install a cell Radio antenna in the attic (2GIG ANT2x) since it is not in a easy spot to get to and 2gig will eventually come out with Wi-Fi support. Will you inform me if there is a problem and I need to do something before Wi-Fi support comes out?

Be sure to set up notifications in Alarm.com for applicable trouble conditions like Panel Not Communicating. These can be found under the “System Actions to Watch” notification.

This thread goes over signal strength at the GC3.

If you notice a 1/6 signal often, it is best to re-position the GC3 in your home to find a stronger signal.