New qolsys system

I am looking at getting a Qolsys IQ panel 2 and have a few questions.
What model number is the Verizon panel?
Will the Ion plunger for ge work?
How often does Alarm monitor the controll panel?
With the image sensor are you able to trigger an image at any time?
If you only have 40 iamages a month and have them used up and someone breaks into your house will it save any images?
Does the secondary panel only talk to panel with WiFi? I am installing it in a cabin with no internet.

Happy to help!

What model number is the Verizon panel?

The model number of the IQ Panel 2 in our store is the Verizon LTE model. QS9201-1200-840

Will the Ion plunger for ge work?

That model is not found in the official compatibility list prepared by Qolsys, so we could not say for certain. It is likely it should work. There are other recessed sensor options for the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 though, like the QS1134-840

How often does Alarm monitor the controll panel?

The short answer is 24/7. Of course how your system is monitored is determined by programming and your service plan choices.

All service plans through suretyDIY can include or exclude 24/7 Professional Monitoring. If you wish to just use Alarm.com to self monitor your system, you would use text, push, and email notifications to be alerted to status changes at your panel.

In either case there is no time when service isn’t active.

With the image sensor are you able to trigger an image at any time?

Yes, there are two options, “Peek in now” which is an immediate image request, and “Peek in next motion” which takes an image on the next motion event separate from your standard rules.

If you only have 40 iamages a month and have them used up and someone breaks into your house will it save any images?

Good question! The image upload is a data limit and will halt upload of non-alarm images when reached. While alarm-generated images count toward the total, they are not affected by the cap, so if someone triggers the alarm, those images are still uploaded.

The same goes for Cloud Video service limits.

Does the secondary panel only talk to panel with WiFi? I am installing it in a cabin with no internet.

Yes, the IQ Panel 2 secondary panel uses wifi for communication with the IQ Panel 2. This would require a local wireless LAN and router, but not internet service.

With the controll panel monitoring I was looking at a different web site and they state
“Monitor panel connectivity with signal supervision between the control panel and Alarm.com to know when a panel is not responding. Checks the signal once every 6 hours.”
They then offer hourly supervision for a upgrade. What is yours?

Panel supervision is an Alarm.com feature and is the same. New Alarm.com Gold accounts use 6-Hour supervision by default.

When it comes time to activate my system what is your process to get everything up and running. I realize I install and program the panel.

A description of how our service works depending on if you buy the system from us or use an existing system can be found here.

If you already have a compatible alarm panel with an unregistered Alarm.com communication module, all you would need is to order service on our website.

When your order is processed by our team you will receive a welcome email with instructions to connect your panel to service and get started with Alarm.com. This can be done any time after receiving the welcome email. No activation time needs to be scheduled.

Initial connection and sync commands from Alarm.com take about 20 minutes to complete, after which time you can begin using your alarm panel normally.

If you order your system through suretyDIY, we offer pre-programming of alarm sensors and syncing with Alarm.com prior to shipment for all system orders which include a panel, communicator, (IQ Panel 2 communicator is built into panel) and service subscription. You will similarly receive a welcome email with installation steps, tracking details, and account info.

Thanks for your help Jason, I see that you are out of the image sensors and fire fighter sensors. Do you know when these items will be back in stock?

Image Sensors I am told should be available this week as early as tomorrow.

The Firefighter, ECFF319, has actually been purchased by Interlogix and rebranded. The ECFF319 will not be re-stocked as that model, and I do not have an ETA on the replacement model. You may be able to find either the old or new model units through various online vendors.

Another question is that my cabin has an attached 2 car garage with 1 side door. In winters it gets as cold as 20 below. Any clue on how to handle this? I assume a regular sensor will not work below 0.

Another question regarding the cold. How does the recessed sensor like the QS1134-840. Handel the cold. It would be on exterior doors. And we keep the cabin at 55 degrees when we are not there. Any other issues we might experience?

Another question is that my cabin has an attached 2 car garage with 1 side door. In winters it gets as cold as 20 below. Any clue on how to handle this? I assume a regular sensor will not work below 0.

If it is likely to dip below the operating temp range of available sensors for extended periods, it may be best to use wired contacts. Outdoor wired contacts can then be either wired into the Hardwired sensor inputs on the panel terminal block, or used with a wired to wireless translator like the IQ Hardwire 8, or a sensor with a wired input like the RE101.

And we keep the cabin at 55 degrees when we are not there. Any other issues we might experience?

Temperature is unlikely to be an issue for the recessed door sensor as long as the door is between the outside and a temperature controlled interior. However if the door is metal you may wish to use a surface contact instead, as the metal can have a pronounced effect on RF range.

Can you install the QS1134-840 with the magnet in door and sensor up in jamb? (Opposite of direction) Would this help with metal door signal?

With the re101 is that able to handle two wired circuits?

Will the recessed sensor work with a wood clad door? Wood inside and aluminum on outside?

Can you install the QS1134-840 with the magnet in door and sensor up in jamb? (Opposite of direction) Would this help with metal door signal?

With the re101 is that able to handle two wired circuits?

Yes, the location can be interchangeable for the sensor and magnet, but you would want to ensure the magnet is snug and does not fall out of the door from vibration as it is not drilled as deep.

I believe on the Qolsys Panel that would function as one zone if you used both inputs on the RE101.

Will the recessed sensor work with a wood clad door? Wood inside and aluminum on outside?

It can work, yes. It all depends on distance to the panel and environmental attenuation of the RF signal. Moving the sensor to the frame can help with that a bit.