New Nest Thermostat installed - integration issue

I already have 2 Nest thermostats linked to my alarm.com (ADC) account. I recently added a new (3rd) thermostat to my Nest account. I went to ADC to add the new thermostat via the settings > Devices >Automation Devices. When I click on the “Switch Nest Account” the following error comes up: “Linking your Google Nest thermostat is temporarily unavailable.”

The Nest account is fine and sees all 3 thermostats and I have been able to add new thermostat to other automation solutions like Alexa. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Errol

As of August 18th, Google ended their “Works with Nest” program, which kills the Nest integration with Alarm.com for new tstats.

While its being replaced by Google Smart Device Management, AKA “Works with Google Assistant,” and Alarm.com will be adopting this new program, the integration is not available at this time. Unfortunately there is no ETA on a resolution.

This means that users will not be able to newly integrate Nest thermostats with Alarm.com accounts. Nest tstats previously paired should continue to function as expected.

Thanks Tyler. I was afraid that may be the answer. So if one were to migrate from Nest account to the Google account would that break the existing ADC integration?

Unfortunately, if you move the Nest thermostat away from Alarm.com, you will not be able to add it back until the above integration has been released.

Hey, I’ve been informed that the Nest Integration is now available again. You can do so on the Alarm.com website by navigating to Settings > Add Device.

Just curious how this works now. Before, when I went to settings > devices, I would see the add Nest Integration (which would not work like the OP), but now it’s not there anymore, i.e., the add nest integration is not listed. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I already have google integration? Is it still Nest on its own or is it Nest Google?

Also, is it just for nest thermostats, how about nest protect smoke/CO?

Update: I was able to link my account. Thanks! But no Nest Protect integration, so far

Anyway I can get the thermostats to show on my iq2 panel? It shows up on my adc.com app and on my alarm.com account online, but not on my panel. When I’m in the settings page of my IQ2 panel, it says that the thermostat page is enabled with a check mark, however the whole option is grayed out and I can’t change the option.

Update: I was able to link my account. Thanks! But no Nest Protect integration, so far

The integration is just for thermostat control, correct.

Anyway I can get the thermostats to show on my iq2 panel?

Not at this time, but Qolsys worked on a similar concept with MyQ Garage control, so it’s always possible. We’ll shoot a request their way regarding this and see if it is something in the pipeline.