New IQ Panel 2+ verizon LTE shows 0/5 bars - do I need to register first?

Hi,

I am having trouble with my new IQ panel 2+ - it shows 0/5 bars on verizon LTE. The unit is unregistered when I first purchased it (Not from Surety, however). I am trying to register this new system to replace my current Simon XT Verzion LTE system. Can you help shed some light or do I just have a defective unit? Or do I have to have you register the IMEI number FIRST before I receive a signal on the unit? WIFI is connected and the current firmware is 2.3.2.

Thank you!

PS - I’ve already sent the IMEI number via secure messaging in my surety account.

We do have to initiate the panel swap before it will work. Would you like me to do that now?

Thank you RYAN! YES, PLEASE do the swap for me. My system is all paired up with the door/window sensors and just awaiting activation :slight_smile:

You guys rock!

Done. Please try running a cell phone test on the new panel. If it doesn’t work right away try again in 15 min.

Thanks RYAN! I’m going to reboot the panel it’s adding z-wave devices. The software has been updated to 2.3.3 as well. Will report the tests in a short bit…thank you again for being so quick!

Thank you Ryan again for all the help! System is working 100% and everything just works as planned! After you activated the IMEI number I restarted the console and now the LTE shows 3/5 bars and all is good! Hope this helps other in the future.

=)

Glad to hear it!