New IQ Panel 2+ not uploading (disarm photos) or any other photos to alarm.com

Hi,

Is there something on your backend you can do to help me with this issue? The iq panel 2 plus I have was just set up but I see the alarm.com rules for alarm triggering events/disarmed events that allow an image to be sent to alarm.com (up to 40?). Do I need to purchase a separate plan just to enable this feature? I’ve searched the topics in the forum and took some of the advice (unchecking the rules on alarm.com, rebooting the iq panel, shutting down the panel for 10 minutes), nothing seems to work (I don’t see any images at all in my alarm.com camera section).

I do see images locally. I have the camera disarmed section enabled (checked box) - I have the rules set up properly on alarm.com. I tried the peek-in command on alarm.com but nothing happens on my panel - I do not see any images taken or sent to alarm.com. I’ve also looked everything in the advanced menu and do not see any specific option to enable manually uploading to alarm.com either. I’ve run camera test and it shows pass. Like I said I get locally stored images just fine (including videos of tampering/smoke alarm going off, etc). I’m running the latest 2.3.3 software. Wifi and Verizon LTE is connected fine.

Thank you again for your help in this matter!

Good question! To use disarm photos you have to have the Surety Home or Surety Complete plan. The lower level plans such as Surety Alarm don’t support that feature. You also have to have your Qolsys panel connected to WIFI and configured for “dual path” communication with Alarm.com, not just cellular communication.

To set up disarm photos you would go to Automation and enable “Panel Camera Disarm Image Uploads”. Edit that automation rule to add the Recipients you want and select “Attach a Thumbnail” for each recipient you want to get an image.

If you need to enable dual path on your panel it can be a little hard to find the setting. Go to Settings -> System Tests and then to the Dual Path Test. Here is a screenshot from the manual.

Hi Ryan-

YES - I have all of the above but didn’t seem to work at all. However, the last detail was the culprit: DUAL PATH CONNECTIVITY DISABLED. When I originally set up the system I did not receive any signal bars, it read 0/5 bars. So I tapped on the dual path enabled check box to see if it would fix the 0/5 bars issue but it wasn’t related so then sought help on this forum. After receiving the activation help and rebooting, I radio read 3/5 bars but the dual path option was unchecked. I went back in and checked it and voila!

I’m so impressed with the customer service and expert knowledge you and the staff at surety provides! Thank you again for solving this issue for me! =)