New install questions. IQ Panel 4 with existing sensors

Hello,

I have a few questions about my recent installation. I just purchased a new IQ Panel 4, installing with old sensor I have. I hope you can assist me.

1. My keyfob doesn’t seem to be able to register. It’s an old keyfob from IQ Panel 2. It’s something like this: 433Mhz (DSC) Chrome Metal 4 Button Keyfob - SS&Si Dealer Network (ssandsi.com)
    Is the keyfob not compatible with the IQ Panel 4? Do I need to purchase a new one? It works with the old panel.

2. I have a FireFighter Wired Smoke Alarm Audio Detector FireFighter Wired Smoke Alarm Audio Detector - Surety (suretyhome.com). What should I set on the sensor type? I’m not sure if it’s a Smoke Detector since it’s an Audio Detector.

3. One of my recessed door sensor not working. Replaced the battery but still doesn’t work. I think it’s this one: IQ RECESSED DW-S – QOLSYS Can you tell me how to troubleshoot this? Is this need to be replaced as well?

4. One of my window sensors keeps getting tampered status for a brief period of time. I got a notification for tampering but it ends right away. Is this a sensor issue?

5. I haven’t added professional monitoring yet. Is it possible to add this but disable the active monitoring? I’m still testing and installing the sensors, I don’t want it to trigger a false alarm. It happened too many times in the past. I want to set this up but then enable the active monitoring later.

6. Lastly, how can I get the one month free trial? It seems it’s just adding a renewal order to my previous plan.

My keyfob doesn’t seem to be able to register.

If it is the 433Mhz keyfob you linked it would only be compatible with panels that have a 433Mh receiver, and would not be compatible with the standard IQ Panel 4 in our bundles.

You say it is something like that model, but in order to determine compatibility, the exact model number is required. Please check the device label for model information or post a photo of the label here, happy to help identify.

What should I set on the sensor type? I’m not sure if it’s a Smoke Detector since it’s an Audio Detector.

The way you program the sensor determines how the panel reports its status. To function as a fire detection device, it must be programmed as a Smoke Detector, group 26.

One of my recessed door sensor not working. Replaced the battery but still doesn’t work. I think it’s this one:

To best assist, we would need to be 100% certain on the model.

In general if the device will not learn into the panel by activation and you have tried replacing the battery, it may be either incompatible or a failed sensor. Replacement is likely necessary.

One of my window sensors keeps getting tampered status for a brief period of time. I got a notification for tampering but it ends right away. Is this a sensor issue?

What model of sensor is it? Can you post a photo of the sensor on the window? A good shot of the side of the sensor would help.

I haven’t added professional monitoring yet. Is it possible to add this but disable the active monitoring?

Yes, with professional monitoring you can place your account on test mode at any time in the system manager here under the test my system tab. The option will only show up if you enable professional monitoring on the professional monitoring tab there in the system manager.

Lastly, how can I get the one month free trial?

One month of service is included and factored into the bundle already, your first renewal date is determined based on when you activate service. Renewals are charged automatically 10 days in advance of the due date to allow reaction time for failed payments.

If it is the 433Mhz keyfob you linked it would only be compatible with panels that have a 433Mh receiver, and would not be compatible with the standard IQ Panel 4 in our bundles.

I checked the label, it’s TX-E101 model. It seems it’s 319.5 MHz keyfob.

Can you tell me how to add this manually instead of auto learn?

In general if the device will not learn into the panel by activation and you have tried replacing the battery, it may be either incompatible or a failed sensor. Replacement is likely necessary.

Here’s the door sensor picture.

Is this the same as IQ Recessed Door Sensor - Surety (suretyhome.com) ?

What model of sensor is it? Can you post a photo of the sensor on the window? A good shot of the side of the sensor would help.

Here’s the window sensor:

I believe it’s Qolsys IQ - Mini Door/Window Contact.

This is the issue I’m getting:

You should auto learn that sensor. You’ll need to follow its steps for enrollment in order for that to be successful. Now that we have the model that can be confirmed:

While the panel is listening for new sensors, press and hold the arm and disarm buttons on the keyfob simultaneously until the panel acknowledges a new sensor.

Is this the same as IQ Recessed Door Sensor - Surety (suretyhome.com) ?

I can’t positively identify 100% by that label, but it is likely. If it is not reporting to the panel I would replace.

I believe it’s Qolsys IQ - Mini Door/Window Contact.

Yes, that would be an IQ Mini Door/Window. We’ve heard reports of odd tampers from a few users on IQ Minis which appear to be from a few years ago. Do you have another IQ DW Mini? If you swap the location of those two sensors (but leave the back plates where they are) does the problem remain at the location on the new sensor or does it follow the current sensor to the new location?