New House - 2gig setup (read some old posts)

Hi

Like many other posts I’ve read, we’ve bought a house installed with a 2gig system.

From what I’ve gathered, I’ll need to update the firmware and install a new cellular module (just purchased both right now).

We have a 2gig panel and the smaller TS-1 panel 5 feet apart for some reason … I was able to use the default master code I believe on the panel. The small TS-1 panel doesn’t accept the default master code. Do I need to do any programming on that panel anyways?

House is pre setup with the linked thermostats, motion sensors, door sensors, etc.

Everything seems to be housed in a panel in the garage, including the power supply from what I can gather. I have no way of knowing which supply goes to which panel …

So to update the firmware, I would have to unplug the panel, back up battery, link up the cable, and then replug in the panel to ac adapter, then follow instructions?

Should I install the firmware first or the cell module?

Once this is all done, I’ll be able to sign up for monitoring service?

Are there videos online on how to setup an alarm code, to arm and disarm the system?

Thanks

The master code would not be different between the Panel and TS1, are you referring to the installer code? The same installer toolbox button on the Panel is found on the TS1, but does not give access to any installation settings.

To know which power supply feeds the two devices respectively, unplug one and note which loses AC power.

So to update the firmware, I would have to unplug the panel, back up battery, link up the cable, and then replug in the panel to ac adapter, then follow instructions?

You would have to unplug the panel, back up battery, link up the cable, open the CP or TS1 update program, and then replug in the panel to ac adapter, then follow the prompt. It will ask if you want to flash the device, click yes and wait. You want to make sure the device does not power down during the update.

The cell module will not even function if the firmware is older that 1.9.5 (1.9.6 for ATT) and does not need to be installed for the firmware update. I would recommend just updating firmware first.

You could sign up now, but yes, once your panel is capable of communicating with the module, your service can be activated.

Are there videos online on how to setup an alarm code, to arm and disarm the system?

The installer code will not work on TS1. All User codes including master code will.

Here is how to recover/change/access master code and all user codes:

On main panel:
Security/menus/toolbox/enter code/user management

Note that if the installer code is default or known, it can be used to view/change/create any user codes including the master code on a disarmed 2gig gocontrol panel. So be sure to change the Installer code asap (Q43)

e.g., anyone can create a backdoor user code, or get the master code on a Vivint gocontrol panel as the installer code is known (99% of all vivint gocontrol panels are locked out, and using the default code which cannot be easily changed) as long as they access the panel while it is disarmed. The User 8 code is always the same too… and this can be used to disarm a vivint panel, and then access/change, create backdoor codes where the owner of said panel would be completely oblivious to someone viewing their User codes, or creating their own.

Thank you for the advise and links!

Looking forward to getting everything mailed out so I can get us going.

Hi

So I guess I’m half way towards upgrading my system. Did the system update. Want to say its now running 1.13 I believe. Installed the new modem as well with the SN matching the ADC map. Tried the cell phone test, but I guess I need it registered first?

I still need to update the TS-1 panel.

Then after that I guess I could sign up for service?

Anyway to actually see what is setup within this house (previous owner, etc).

Ok.

So I signed up last night.

Still waiting for activation I guess?

I tried the cellular test and it failed. I had to use the old cellar antenna since the newly provided one did not fit in the old antenna slot.

am I supposed to do something different?

Thank you

You don’t use the old antenna for the 3G modules. There is a punch out in the back plate marked “antenna” the new antenna goes in wall or you can use the hole where power wire runs.

Use a screwdriver to pop out the side panel door for antenna, and pull it through. Then put the side panel back in place.

As for module activation… send a email with your module serial/ADC number and get it activated on new ADC account.

Your module will be activated when your order is processed. Since you ordered Friday night it will be processed on Monday.

Be sure to reboot panel with activated 3G HSPA/CDMA cell module and proper antenna in place, then perform cell test to reprovision panel.

Thanks. Emailed.

I’ll see how to use the line where the power wire runs or the back plate when I get home tonight.

Orders require one business day for processing. If you ordered on Friday night, then your accounts will be created on Monday. You’ll receive a follow up email once the processing has occurred with log in information and next steps.

Thank you.

Putting the new antenna in also solved the cellular test issue. Now its working.

Up and running it seems.