New Home with Vivint system

Looks like it is the Skypanel.

The Skypanel is unfortunately a different story in terms of what can be reused. It is a proprietary system, it cannot be used with other dealers. Most devices including sensors will need replaced.

Read more here regarding what to replace.

Would this be why it beeps every 30 seconds or so? If it is, is there a way to turn off the smoke detector settings until I get it fixed?

Would this be why it beeps every 30 seconds or so? If it is, is there a way to turn off the smoke detector settings until I get it fixed?

If your Smoke detector is beeping it could mean one of a few things, most commonly low battery. To be able to tell definitively we would need to know the model number of the smoke detector.

If it is the SMKT3, the frequency of the flashing light will tell you what the problem is. It will throw offline malfunctions for other cases too, such as a dirty sensing element and an internal hardware fault. It will also do so when past its expiration date and if that is the case, it must be replaced.

To best assist, please confirm the model number of the detector. This will be on a sticker on the inside.

Still canā€™t figure out what smoke detector it isā€¦ The panel was beeping not the smoke detector.

System has no power (wife unhooked it again lol)

Can I turn off the smoke detector in the panel until I get it fixed ?

Yes, you can enter system configuration and set that smoke detector zone as unused. See the video below.

Will do that this eveningā€¦ is that why it is beeping all the time?

It is the only trouble condition currently listed in Alarm.com that wouldnā€™t be related to powering off the panel. Unless you have a different local issue, addressing the Smoke Detector should resolve the frequent trouble beeps from the system.

My wife works from home and canā€™t stand the beepsā€¦ I got it off yesterday when I got home (it was seeing the smoke detector). This morning it stopped and it started beeping again.

I hate she unhooks everything but ā€¦ lol

Is there any way to find out what these devices are? I know what the thermostat is but no idea what or where the other 2 areā€¦

I can only see those same details and I cannot say what those would be on your system. A controller listed would suggest you have a secondary Z-wave hub that had been paired. Something like Smartthings or Wink or Vera, etc.

The switch would need to be tested to determine what it controls. Try controlling it and see if any lights turn on/off. It may be an in wall switch or a plug in dimmer module.

1 Like