New home with existing IQ Panel 2

I’ve bought a new home from DR Horton that came with a IQ2 panel (Verizon) that’s been installed by HomePro and it’s linked/registered with an Alarm.com account. I’ve contacted HomePro to ask them to release the panel but they’ve said that “there is nothing to do by HomePro, that the panel is already unlocked”. I’ve contacted Alarm.com either, but they have told me that HomePro should unregister the panel because it is linked to an account.

When I’ve put the IMEI on Surety website I’ve received the following message:

• Sorry, your Alarm.com cellular module xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx can not currently be used with a new Alarm.com account. Modem is already assigned to a unit.

Is there another way to release the panel from Alarm.com account? Is it possible to do that with a master reset?

Thanks!

Is there another way to release the panel from Alarm.com account? Is it possible to do that with a master reset?

The info Alarm.com provided you is correct. That response message from the module check tool means that the panel cellular radio is assigned to an Alarm.com account. The only way for the radio to be removed from the Alarm.com account is for the service provider who owns the account (HomePro, from what you’ve said) to delete the Alarm.com account or change the module number on the account.

I couldn’t give you advice on how another company internally structures info, but anyone using ADC as a back end service would be able to access their dealer account and search for a module by the module ID you enter in the check tool. If you provide them that number, they will be able to find the account. Whether or not they delete it for you would be at their discretion of course as the installer.

Note that if required, panels purchased and used through Surety are yours. When you cancel service with Surety you can immediately reuse your panel with any Alarm.com provider.

Thank you for the answer!

After much insistence, I finally got HomePro to release the panel from the account on Alarm.com and now I can use it with another provider. I’m considering Surety for this, but I have a question: do I need to get an alarm permit before contract the monitoring service from Surety?

do I need to get an alarm permit before contract the monitoring service from Surety?

Permit requirements are different based on your location. Some cities require that users obtain permits for monitoring, some do not. Be sure to check with your local authorities for confirmation.

Some locations will require a permit number be relayed by operators when requesting dispatch, so be sure to share any obtained permit number with our team via email or the secure message page.

If you have any questions about permits for your location, please email customerservice@suretyhome.com and our team will be happy to help!