New Home System

Bought a new home and has a 2GIG Gc3 system. House came with system, cameras, doorbell, and door/window alarms. The installer programmed a different toolbox code and I am looking to use Surety. When I follow instructions and input the IMEI number I receive a message the system is already is registered with alarm.com.

What is my next step?

That means the installer already has your cellular module connected to an Alarm.com account. Did they give you a login or set you up with the Alarm.com app?

They did not. I spoke with them today and the cost to even get the system set up was way beyond what I felt was fair. Found you and wanted to see what options I have.

Is it a new build? If so, they’re probably using the Alarm.com builder program which means they get a free “basic home automation” Alarm.com plan for a few years and they probably have it set up on that plan. If so they should be offering it to you for free as well and trying to sell you on upgrading to a security plan.

If it’s not a new build then they were probably monitoring the system for the previous owner and they never released it.

Either way, the first step is to tell them to release your module by terminating the Alarm.com account it’s connected to. If they refuse to do that and you own the system outright (it’s not under contract with them) then let us know and we’ll try to help get it released for you.

It all else fails you can replace the cellular module in it and set up a new Alarm.com account with a new module.

Thank you I will contact them tomorrow and see what I can get completed.

I spoke with the local company and they said they will not release the system. Are you able to help in taking over the system without causing me to purchase anything additional?

If the company has an active Alarm.com account tied to that module, there would be no way to use it through another service provider without that account being cancelled and the module unregistered.

If they refuse to release the module, you would otherwise need to replace the cellular module in the panel. This will let us (or whichever dealer you choose) connect to the panel. There would be no other option if the local company won’t help.