New Equipment Release Dates? (IQ4, POE 4K w/ Audio, PowerG higher limits?)

I’m in the process of building a new home. I’d like to use the new IQ4. I’ve seen a small subset of people already having their hands on one. When will they be available to purchase?

I heard 4K POE cameras with Audio are in the works and to be released soon. Any date on that?

Instead of using the Hardwire 16, I’d like to use the PowerG solution instead (PG9WLSHW8), but only 2 are supported at this time. I heard there is a firmware update coming that allows for more (or zone expander?) What is the date that we can support more than 16 zones?

Thanks for the details!

Not much in the way of anything firm right now. The IQ4 is in soft launch atm with no ETA of wide release just yet.

There is a 4MP outdoor POE (not 4K) that is in the works no release date specifically but a rough ETA of late fall.

No news on support for more then 2 of the PowerG hardwired to wireless translators at this time. I have reached out to Qolsys for confirmation.

No news on support for more then 2 of the PowerG hardwired to wireless translators at this time. I have reached out to Qolsys for confirmation.

Additional zones will be supported through zone expanders via upcoming firmware. Looks like this should allow up to 40 zones per PG HW Translator. End of year for that firmware release it looks like.

What is a zone expander? How does it connect to the translator? What brand and model zone exapnder’s are (will be) supported?
Can I purchase the exapnders now, get everything hooked up, and then all will work once the updated firmware rolls out and I apply it?

Im trying to get some clarity on how the 2 will interact with one another, but the DSC Zone Expander (HSM2108) can be used.

Up to 4 can be added to 1 PG HW translator to make up to 40 zones compatible with 1 powerG Translator. so with 2 PG HW translators this will give a combined total of 80 zones with PowerG HW translators.

EDIT: I have been informed that when the fimrware update is available, there should be a new enclosure that will support the Expansion modules for mounting.

1 Like