New cell module but no test button in CP

That’s your call.

But the 2gig panel hardware is exactly the same, all that is different is Vivint locks out Q44 and Q45, uses an older firmware variant, and silk screens their logo on panel. That’s it.

The problem you encountered can happen with any panel branded or OEM. That’s the chance you take when you buy someone else’s used equipment. Buy new.

Why would vivint new ones sell for such a lower price? And the key is to buy new, not used or refurbished?

Dealers and vivint techs/ ex- employees (with surplus stock), and others that get them from storage units sell the equip on ebay . Buy New equip. Not used. I would not pay more than $70 for a brand new Vivint branded 2gig go control panel.

Vivint panels are (hence price deference):
Branded
Installer Locked out
Running older custom firmware variant (v1.9.6 or older)
Using a locked/Vivint registered 2GIG/Alarm.com cellular module

Those in the know, can save $100. All panel needs is a free firmware update, unlocking, cosmetic logo removal, new cellular module. Viola…2GIG OEM panel.

This was a Vivint panel with branding at one time, firmware was updated, cell module was replaced, Q’s were optimized, and vivint logo was removed, and panel was provisioned to OEM 2GIG:

Awesome thanks. Ill get one. Will there be any issues with flashing v1.13 as soon as I get it?

I should update version firmware with the new cell module installed and then will have access the system config?

Also…the vivint logo on bottom on screen will also be gone?

Make sure panel is new, and has never been turned on (48 hour lockout timer)*

Power it up, default Q44
Update firmware to newest version (update cable)
Optimize all programming Q’s

Then insert cell module, and reprovision panel (this will replace the vivint screen logo)

• IF panel has been previously turned on, the 48 hour lockout timer will have activated, and you will have to have Q44 reset via airfx if 48 hours have elapsed, then you can optimize programming Q’s.

Can I PM you a link to one I found and ask if it is what I am needing to buy? I found one for $85 Vivint branded listed as new.

As we have no control what anyone, other than our store, is selling, whether they are marketing it honestly, or what its history actually is, suretyDIY can make no guarantees or recommendations regarding what you find elsewhere. Used equipment is a risk.

I completely understand that. The model number is the same as my bricked panel and comes with a 14 day return policy listed for $85. As Riven suggested, find a new one. Just wanted an opinion as to whether this one that is listed as New, old inventory.

Its your call. Keep in mind though, there will be no manufacturer warranty.

If it isn’t as described, you can always get a refund on ebay with the buyer protection. Soon as you turn it on you will know if its new (a new panel will have an empty history, film on panel, and no scratches, etc). You want a CNTRL2/CP21 preferably. A CNTRL1/CP11 is older, but with Vivint branded panels, you may be SOL on a CP21 considering they no longer offer the GoControl. You want one that is on firmware 1.9.6 (they had the newer hardware, zwave version, etc). You can also tell because the Emergency button with have 3 symbols under it.

Firmware 1.9.6 was released in 2012 or so on the panels that sported the first hardware revision, and zwave firmware update that is still current (they were the first panels with the 3 emergency symbols as shown below).

If the buttons say “Emergency” and “Home” it is old hardware, and old zwave firmware version.

There were two hardware revisions that I am aware of, you want revision B see GoControl Revisions

You will want to replace the battey pack. Get it Here.

The batteries are only good for like 3 years, regardless of whether they sit boxed on a shelf unused or not. The packs are date coded, see: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/is-your-system-code-compliant-for-smoke-detectors/

2013/2014 CP21 revision C (with firmware 1.12):