New build wired sensors installed by builder, trying to use DW10e for wireless

I’ve got a new build home that came with recessed and door contact sensors. I’m trying to wire them to DW10e sensors to make work wirelessly with my 2gig Edge panel. I am using the J1 adaptor on loop 1, and the sensor is paired to the panel and works with the magnet on loop 2, but not with the J1 external contact in the door.

If you are using a DW10e (the encrypted E-series version) then the equipment code also matters on the Edge panel.

You would need to use Loop 1, and the equipment code would be 2862 for the encrypted DW, not the standard 0862.

I think the equipment code may be the issue in this case.

Is the 2862 the default when you select the e-series?

Actually I verified and yes it is the default code for it in the panel and it is what I am using.

Just to add to this, I did put a toner on it to verify that it was the correct door sensor and when I have the DW10 connected to it with the toner, I get a open/close message on the panel every 5-10 seconds. Not sure why, maybe the toner is sending something through the wire.

Can you please confirm the name of a few of the sensors you are having trouble with on the panel? That way I can verify the programming on our end.

Also, just to verify, there should not be any resistors connected. Do you have any resistors on those sensor wires?

No resistors.

It’s my Aunts house, I’m just helping them set up. It’s a different surety account.

Am I better to use a 2 gig take over module?

A 2GIG Takeover module would be a better choice in terms of cost, though a power supply and backup battery charging circuit would be needed if there is no old panel these sensors were wired to. The Altronix AL624 is a common choice. That along with a 12V 4 or 5ah battery would be a good choice.

It is usually better to go the TAKE-345 route unless you are only trying to use a couple wired zones.

To be able to best assist and check programming though, please reach out with a private message from the account owners account or their email with questions.

7 wired zones total. I can use a take over module. Would I still need that Altronix board, there is not an existing panel, just bare contact wires.

Yes, the TAKE-345 always needs a power supply and battery backup. A power supply and backup battery charging circuit would be needed if there is no old panel these sensors were wired to. The Altronix AL624 is a common choice. That along with a 12V 4 or 5ah battery would be a good choice.