New Alarm.com Doorbell Static IP

I’ve not seen an update yet, I just reached out to the dev team there again on this.

Well, good news, took a while but I am told that the next firmware update for the camera will be addressing the Static IP issue.

The firmware is set to roll out in the next couple weeks.

1 Like

NEW firmware is out and I was able to assign static IP and DNS.

Are there still any known issues with the static IP? I have just installed and configured a VDB770 in the same way and with next available IP/Ports as my four V722Ws (which have been running in this configuration for awhile), but for some reason the VDB770 is showing public IP as unavailable.

Thanks for any insights!

There are no known issues at this time and I just checked, your public IP is visible in the Alarm.com website. Can you describe in detail the issue you are seeing and the impact of it? Do you see the same issue in the app and website?

Thanks for taking a look - it’s connecting fine on both mobile and web, but I am seeing this on the website:
Remote Relay: Available
Public IP: Unavailable

All of the other cameras show Public IP as “Available.” Could it be working as intended but showing the wrong status on the network settings page?

Thanks,
-Michael

Ah, ok you are talking about when viewing the Advanced network settings options, yes that is normal still and wouldn’t impact anything. The VDB770 will always show that on the current firmware I believe.

The public ip itself is visible on the prior video device info page.

Got it, thanks as always for the explanation - I’d missed that it’s showing in one place but not the other. Thanks!

(and big improvement over the Skybell so far)