New ADC doorbell and remote temp sensors

Thank you

No problem. It may be sooner but I don’t expect it to be this week.

@jwcsurety any news on new door bell stock?

Nothing solid yet, the 770 is not available through distribution at this time. Initial ETA was middle of December, but its looking more like late Dec/early Jan at this point.

@tyler

Is there a reason you guys will not have them available for this long? I want to get one and will love to support you guys and not all other online retailers that has been carrying this doorbell since it came out.

The dates are based off of our distributors’ availability. The distributor channels we use have come back with that similar timeline for availability. As soon as I hear an update on ETA I’ll follow up here, and will announce when the product goes live.

If you see a good deal on a product or availability on something new you want to use though, there is no reason to wait! We support compatible equipment from any vendor.

Trying to install the new ADC-VDB770 and from what I’m gathering from all the instructions on installation is that you need to have had a previous wired doorbell. Is that what you’re available to see on your end? I hope that’s not the case! I appreciate any information you can provide as I know Surety is still waiting on inventory and I couldn’t wait any longer so purchased the model this week from another provider.

Yes you do need to have existing door bell for all of video doorbells on the market. They all use existing wires from doorbell transformer to get power. Battery on those units are for short back up only. Sorry for bad news.

That’s definitely a bummer but do appreciate the quick answer. I had a power outlet powered doorbell vid camera from Vivint before and didn’t consider that this was needed on the ADC new model. I will also add that it’s insanely hard to get it even close to a seal as one end is not closing.

Maybe you need to make sure that you not twisting the base of the doorbell when screw to the wall. This may be why you can’t close it

Alas, not screwed to anything and was testing it out of the box to see if it would close before I go down the rabbit hole on if I want a doorbell transformer or if I can return this doorbell and go with a different system than ADC compatible in order to have a non-wired doorbell.

ok, i tough maybe you had it mounted already. Maybe you got a bead one. sky bell would be your other choice if you looking for video doorbell and it also require existing wires. you really have no choice with video door bells and ADC. sorry

Yes, unfortunately the above is accurate. An existing doorbell is required as the VDB770 is powered off the existing transformer (minimum voltage of 16 VAC and minimum power of 10 VA is necessary)

Alarm.com is planning on releasing a battery powered video doorbell option but this far there is no ETA or specs on the unit itself.

@jwcsurety @tyler

Do we have any news on doorbell availability ?

Spoke with Alarm.com yesterday, the VDB770 is still in limited release and has not been released for wide distribution at this time. While they are shooting for end January, there is no ETA.

Once it is available for wide release, we will be able to put it up on the website for orders.

@tyler thanks for replaying Tyler. Just trying to understand “limited release” what dose that mean ?. I use to be Building36 dealer and I know that door bell was released months back and never went back order? I know that you can order them directly from alarm.com dealer portal with out limitation and also every other distributor on line is carrying that doorbell already. That is why I’m little confuse on this limited release. I will like to support you guys and purchase directly from you. You guys are alarm.com dealer don’t you order directly from alarm.com?

Just trying to understand “limited release” what dose that mean ?.

Happy to clarify, it means that it has been released by Alarm.com but not everywhere. While it is available via Alarm.com directly and through some distributors at this time, according to Alarm.com representatives, it is not available through all distributors just yet. They hope to rectify this by the end of January, but there is no ETA.

As all items sold through Surety are shipped through distribution, until it is available, we will not be able to offer it on our storefront.

I will like to support you guys and purchase directly from you.

That’s great to hear we appreciate that, thank you! :slight_smile:

However, you are able to purchase compatible equipment through other vendors and still use items with our service, including the Alarm.com VDB770. If you are looking to get one set up soon as possible, that would be my recommendation as there is no ETA on when we will be able to offer it.