New Activation Problems

Excellent. Thank you so much.

Still having an issue with the siren. Is there a settings group that needs to be turned oin or something from the 2gig panel before zwave products can be used?

Installing siren is pretty straight forward…

Install batteries in siren…

put panel in zwave “add device” mode, and with siren at panel, trigger tamper switch in battery compartment (try holding tamper, OR try three to five push in and release of the tamper…I forget which one works, so try both methods)

Edit
Zwave siren in not a configurable zwave device. It activates when panel/TS1 sirens activate, and turns off when they turn off.

It’ll be listed as a zwave device on ADC

Q79 needs to be “(3) enabled on panel; rules disabled, remote access enabled” and Q80-Q82 need to be enabled but it looks like you mostly have those enabled already. Your Q82 is disabled but that’s just for door locks and shouldn’t affect the siren.

What issue are you having specifically? I don’t see the Z-Wave siren on your account yet. Have you added it as a Z-Wave device?

Ryan, I just can’t get the siren to pair with the system. I’ll give it another shot tomorrow, but it just won’t pair.

If you are having any issues with a Zwave device installation, this page is a good place to start to troubleshoot.

However, have you attempted to use the Remove Device function prior to using the Add Device function? Zwave devices are often added to test networks during manufacturing (and almost undoubtedly will still be attached to a network if purchased used.) They can only be connected to one network at once. You can remove the device from its prior parent network at your panel via the same process as adding it, then add it.

Hey all. I gave up on adding the siren for the time being. I tried testing my system today after adjusting the motion sensors and the fireman unit will not register when the smoke and carbon monoxide detector installed in the home go off. I followed Rive’s direction to the T even trying 24 hour fire and 24 hour fire with verification and the unit will not report back to the 2gig panel unless I tamper with the cover. Kinda getting frustrated here with this. Any help is appreciated.

Do not use verification. Just 24 hr fire.

The firefighter will not detect a CO alarm I don’t think. It listens for the tone given by the smoke alarm, and it activates.

Take a pic of the detector and firefighter. If you have a smartphone, video record your attempt to activate the smoke.

I assume all your smokes are interconnected and when one goes off they all go off?

I will upload a video of how to test the smoke…

To my knowledge the audio detector does look for a fairly specific cadence and is intended for use with hardwired AC interconnected smokes, specs enforced by code.

What is the model of smoke detector are you attempting to use to set off the Firefighter?
Also important to note is the orientation and positioning of the firefighter. It must be within 6 inches and positioned with the marked side facing the detector.

I would second rive’s photo request.

I tried to upload a picture but it said the file size was too large. The firefighter is mounted less than 4 inches away from the slots where the alarm comes out of. The smoke detectors I have have the same siren for smoke and CO. The brand is Kidde and yes they are all hard wired to each other. I’ll try changing the setting to 24 hour smoke detector.

Install the firefighter exactly as shown in image next to an interconnected smoke alarm…test the smoke like this (and let alarms ring for a few minutes or so)

Verify programing:

(09) 24-hour fire Enter (0637) Manually enter serial #, or learn serial by shift then learn and hitting firefighter learn button Equip age (0) new Loop 2(2) Enter descriptor Reports enabled (1) Supervised enabled (1) Chime disabled (00)

Maybe it isn’t going off long enough for the fireman to pick it up. It only chimes twice if I use the test feature. I’ll get some air in a can this weekend and let is go off for a few minutes and see how that works. Thanks all.

If programmed as 24 Hour Fire, it should go off by the start of the third cadence. If programmed as 24 Hour Fire with Verification, it will take 30 seconds of continuous activation.

I’ll get some air in a can this weekend and let is go off for a few minutes and see how that works

Its smoke aerosol (meant for testing smoke detectors). Not air.

Thanks rive. Should staples or similar store have that? Jason, good to know. Thank you.

Also I wanted to ask you guys something. I finally got my motion sensors figured out and today I armed my system away. Our little 13 pound dog is home alone and as soon as I updated my alarm.com app by swiping down the system set off an alarm on a sensor that subsequently went idle at the same time. Any ideas?

Did you install the PIR properly? It creates a"pet alley" its very important that you get the correct heighth. And also set it to high and max pet immunity settings. You also need to test the motion(s).

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/13-How-to-Install-and-walktest-pir-motions-(2GIG-PIR1)-and-image-sensors-(2GIG-IMAGE1)

As for the canned smoke aerosol. I don’t think they sell it in stores. Its for professionals. (I am trying to get suretydiy to stock it for DIY’ers).

You can get it online though. Runs approx $10 can on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-12-Smoke-Detector-Tester-2-5-oz-Aerosol-Sealed-Box-/111570068509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fa18241d

Not sure if it matters but I’m using the honeywell pir detectors. Not the 2gig units.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/like/261379255229?lpid=82&chn=ps

I am not familiar with installation requirements for those regarding height, or pet immunity. Sorry.

It makes sense now that I’m thinking about it. The sensor that went off is facing into our sun room. It is on the backside of the house and gets the afternoon sun.