New Account - Cell Test Failure

I have run the radio test, but it just says failed. I have tried it several times.
Thanks

Hmm. What is the signal strength reporting at the panel?

Can you try fully power cycling the panel, wait five minutes, then run a cell test?

I am not in front of the panel, but this morning, it was showing 1/6 signal strength

This could be due to the low signal strength, especially if it hovers between 0 and 1 at all. (0-6) is a representation of “bars” of cellular service. When you get a chance to power cycle, try moving the panel closer to an external wall, leave the panel there for 10 minutes or so. Does the signal strength improve?

Try a couple locations to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks. I have tried a couple different locations and the current location is on an outside wall. I will try some other locations when I get home this afternoon. I had Vivint until a few days ago and the signal was fine, but I am not sure if Vivint uses a different cell carrier.

For the GC3, carrier options would be AT&T and Verizon.

We have found, with the GC2 at least, that when all things are equal, Verizon tends to have a little better performance overall.

Ok. So with Vivint, I had the GC2 panel? It looks a lot like the GC3. Also, does it matter if I have the snap in module? Does the other cell module get better signal strength? And, is it the same signal strength as my cell phone?

Ok. So with Vivint, I had the GC2 panel? It looks a lot like the GC3.

You may have been using the SKY panel or the GC2. The SKY panel has a similar screen size to the GC3, I think.

Also, does it matter if I have the snap in module? Does the other cell module get better signal strength?

All GC3 modules are cellular module sleds. The module and antenna are inside the sled housing.

If it comes to it, an external cellular antenna can be attached to the module instead, however if this is a case of weaker carrier signal in the area, it may not make much of a difference and would likely be better to switch to a different carrier module.

And, is it the same signal strength as my cell phone?

No. The network used for machine to machine communication does not always (and often does not at all) correlate with consumer cell phone service in the home.

It is better to use the coverage check tool to determine the best module. The coverage check will provide a general expected coverage for your area. (Note T-mobile does not apply to GC3)

Characteristics of the home can also affect signal, which is why it is a good idea to verify whether a more reliable signal strength is available in different locations. Make sure to allow ten minutes or so for the signal strength to normalize though. It will not always update quickly.

Should you not be able to get a good connection, I would recommend swapping for a Verizon module. Verizon looks to be the recommended carrier for your area.

ok. so I got home and pulled the power out and unplugged the battery to power cycle it. That did not help. I moved it to several diff locations and did not get anything above 1/6. I even moved it outdoors and it did not change the signal strength. I am wondering if the cell module is bad.

I am wondering if the cell module is bad.

This is possible, though I would say it may be a good idea to try the alternate carrier in this case if the module is returned. It is more likely that the current carrier has issues in that area.

If you swap the module, be sure to email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and give our team the new module serial number so it can be changed on your account.

Thanks. I have ordered a 2GIG GC3 Cellular Radio Module - Verizon (2GIG-CDMAV-A-GC3) and should have it today. I brought the panel to work with me today and have tried to see what signal I get here and its all the same, 1/6.

Necro revival…sorry…

I am in Canada and just grabbed a Rogers 3G module and external antenna. The module is new. No idea “how old” it is though. Model is GC3GRX-A.

I have a GC2 panel (well 2 panels. A locked Vivint and an unlocked new panel.

Should my signal show anything for strength before it is registered for ADC service?? It always shows 0/31… If it should show something could the antenna be bad?

I already updated both panels to 1.17 firmware. Neither panel can pass a cell test. i have tried the forced registration with the walk tests on both panels…nothing. Please help!

Thank you!

I am in Canada and just grabbed a Rogers 3G module and external antenna. The module is new. No idea “how old” it is though. Model is GC3GRX-A.

suretyDIY does not provide service in Canada at the current time, however in general you should check signaling tests after the module is registered on the Cell network. If it hasn’t been registered and never completed OTASP that status screen won’t tell you much.

You can find dealers for your area here.

I already updated both panels to 1.17 firmware. Neither panel can pass a cell test. i have tried the forced registration with the walk tests on both panels…nothing. Please help!

This will not work unless you have a service provider.