New 2gig Edge Panel vs GC2 issues

I have a 2gig GC2 currently running now with 10 door sensors and 5 motion sensors. This is being monitored by ADT, trying to get them to give me the installer toolbox code. This system has been paid off for 10 + years. They keep stalling us try to sell new contract. We purchased a 2gig edge and currently have it activated with Surety, self-monitored cellular. The edge is up and running alongside the GC2. I have added 9 of 10 door sensors and 4 of 5 motions sensors. I can’t add one of the door sensors or one of the motion sensors. I have replaced the batteries on both sensors. The motion sensor is 20 feet away, the door sensor is 50 feet away.
All the sensors work currently on the GC2 panel no problem. All the door sensors are HW 5816’s and the motion sensors are HW 5890’s. Why can’t I enroll either of those sensors? If I do a learn on the sensors they can’t be found except if I take the cover off, then it will find them. But when I put the covers back on, they don’t respond with the Edge, only respond with the GC2. I would be done with this project and remove the GC2 panel except for these 2 sensors. I guess I will purchase 2 new sensors and try them, weird they work fine on the GC2.

Why can’t I enroll either of those sensors? If I do a learn on the sensors they can’t be found except if I take the cover off, then it will find them. But when I put the covers back on, they don’t respond with the Edge, only respond with the GC2.

There is no reason one would work with the GC2, but not Edge, except that there is an issue with the programming. Based on the description this is probably one of two things.

To clarify, do you mean (1) that you can tamper the zone to get the panel to recognize it while the panel is learning the zone, but then after the zone won’t save properly?

Or (2) do you mean you have learned in the zone successfully, and outside of the sensor pairing under normal operation the panel will report a tamper when you remove the cover, but won’t report the sensor is open/activated when you open it?

If (1) One of the main issues when learning sensors which are already installed is when motion sensors are present. When walking by one motion detector to trip a different sensor, the wrong sensor TXID is easily triggered.

Instead of learning those two by tampering the sensor, try just typing in the TXID manually.

If (2), the issue is likely the Loop number selected. You must select the correct loop for the zone to report. Motion sensors would use Loop 1 typically, and surface door window contacts typically use Loop 2.

So yes 1. I have tried manually also. I wrote down all the tx numbers so i know there learned correctly and typed in correctly.
I ordered new sensors,
Honeywell Intrusion 5800PIR-RES WIRLESS PIR, Residential
And a
2gig DW10 Thin Door Window Contact ETL Listed
Will try to install these and see what happens.

I programed all the other sensors of same type and they work fine on both panels, except these two.

Door sensors Loop 2 and Motion sensors Loop 1

Baffling!
Thank you for the response!

Would you mind sending the TXIDs for the two that don’t work via private message?

I will when I go back go the Church where there installed. I have them written down there.