Nest Temperature Control RE-219

I was wondering if I could use a couple of RE-219 Temperature Sensors to get a better temperature of the whole house so that my Nest thermostat adjust accordingly. Or is there any other solution, I would like for the system to know the temperature of some corners of the house so that those rooms don’t get too hot.

Thanks

The RE-219 is not a thermometer. So it will not function the way you are anticipating. It sends an open close signal when the hi or low temperature threshold is detected.

The ADCT2000 Smart Thermostat does have Remote Temperature Sensors that do work the way you are describing.

The ADCT2000 and Remote Temperature Sensor will require firmware 1.13 and the newer model GC2 (with the emergency symbols on the front) in order to work properly.

I’m not aware of an RTS for Nest myself, most of the web searches I am seeing are echoing this unfortunately.

Well I do have a GC3, hopefully that is compatible with the ADCT2000, I’ll think about changing the Nest for that, I was reading the link of Nest vs Alarm.com thermostat.

I can’t find any compatibility information regarding ADCT2000, I have Y1, G, W1, Rh cables for my AC only, anyone knows if this would work?

The ADC-T2000 is not officially compatible with the GC3 yet, but we anticipate future firmware to address compatibility pretty soon.

I can’t find any compatibility information regarding ADCT2000, I have Y1, G, W1, Rh cables for my AC only, anyone knows if this would work?

The T2000 supports a wide variety of connections, what you describe sounds fairly standard. Typically you will want a five wire config using the C wire. This provides 24 VAC to the thermostat (and keeps it from running in FLiRS mode.) so that the T-stat repeats signals for your network and generally has better communication.

The T2000 can be run on battery only, but I typically recommend making sure 24VAC power is available for Z-wave Tstats (unless your network is already pretty large with lots of repeating nodes like light switches, appliance modules, etc.)

Alright that’s very useful thanks, is there a website I can monitor to know when a compatible firmware for the GC3 comes out?

Certainly! If you subscribe to this thread, you can receive emails when any GC3 firmware updates are available.

Thanks!!!