Nest option integration now available for alarm.com

It is being reported that Nest thermostats can know be integrated into and used with alarm.com

Must request Nest option be enabled on alarm.com backend

Once done a prompt will now appear at the bottom of the Thermostats page (under the empower tab)

Just click on the link, and complete required information on Nest’s authorization page.

Can surety confirm this option?

I’ve heard rumblings about it, though I don’t recall it being full featured integration yet. Checking on it.

riven, do you use IFTTT at all? https://goo.gl/8vOqL

It would be cool if some aspects of ADC home automation were useable with IFTTT. I don’t know if Nest being able to be used on ADC systems would mean they were useable with IFTTT, probably not.

I hope this is true as I just bought 2 3rd gen Nests from Lowe’s. If anyone wants one or 2…Lowe’s will price match microcenter.com which has them for $199. Lowe’s matched to $199 then beat the microcenter price by 10% per their policy bringing it down to $179.99. On top of that you also get a $50 rebate for each thermostat effectively making the price for a 3rd gen Nest $129 + tax!! Good luck beating that!!

Locknalarm is already doing it for their customers (enabling the Nest empower option on alarm.com). So it is very true.

See:
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/382-Nest-Integration-with-Alarm-com

I hope this is true as I just bought 2 3rd gen Nests from Lowe’s.

Its official. Nest is now supported on ADC

Yes, Nest integration is now available through your Alarm.com account.

Does the integration support Home/Away modes rules based on Alarm arm mode? Or is it only setting temperature so far?

As of release, no, only direct remote control of modes and target points and notifications are available. The integration is less in depth currently than Z-wave thermostats.

I would expect that to expand at some point, but the integration would be based on capabilities of the Nest App.

I successfully added my nest 3rd gen to my ADC; you need surety to add thermostat control and then you’ll have the option to add the nest through the ADC web interface. It actually worked right away. The funny thing is, when I got my nest I searched the Works With Nest site pretty thoroughly (I thought) and could not find any evidence of Alarm.com support. I only found out about this by accident while looking for something else and stumbled on this thread.
I would love to see the setpoint AND current temperature on the main list in the app, without having to go into the thermostat section to access it. (I also wish the nest itself would give you that infomation easily, but that’s another discussion)

As was requested above, I’d love to have ADC send home/away states to the Nest so when I set the alarm the nest would know to change to Away state.

I’d also like to see support for the Nest protect, seems like an obvious extension of the WWN feature set for ADC.

-Jeremy

Nest support is newly added, and will almost surely be expanded to some degree in the future. Schedules and arming overrides are likely top priority I’d wager.

any update?

Just checked up on this and there are no rule based automation options for the Nest nor is there an ETA for these features.

I’m curious, my local dealer told me the NEST is not compatible with Alarm.com. After reading this and various posts it appears it is compatible.

How is this accomplished? and can I complete this step after my dealer installs my system? or something I need to ask them to do?

Thanks in advance -
Todd

I’m curious, my local dealer told me the NEST is not compatible with Alarm.com. After reading this and various posts it appears it is compatible.

How is this accomplished? and can I complete this step after my dealer installs my system? or something I need to ask them to do?

Not all dealers may support it, but Nest Integration is not direct with the panel like Z-wave thermostats. If it is enabled on an account, Nest accounts can be linked to the Alarm.com account on the thermostat page in Alarm.com. This gives some integration options and control through Alarm.com, but it is a bit simplified currently compared to Z-wave thermostats.

You would need to contact your provider regarding access.

What kind of option are available to use with alarm.com? Im getting service with Surety soon but need to know what works and how well so I can but the right equipment. Thanks!

Nest Thermostat Integration is only available through our Gold Interactive Plan and includes:

• Current target temperature control
  • Current mode control (Heat, Cool)
  • Temperature notifications

Is there any talk that Nest integration will ever include video from their cameras?