Need some advise

Windows 10 compatibity troubleshooter reports the setup.exe program as incompatible

You shouldn’t need the driver executable on windows 10.

Remove all update files. Redownload, extract, plug in cable. Check your ports in device manager. Com port should still be listed. Add com port to shortcut. Plug cable into panel. Run software shortcut, power up panel.

You shouldn’t need the driver executable on windows 10...Run software shortcut

That’s a big negative. I reset and restored PC image, and shortcut still doesn’t work. (serial driver installs though).

I just did it with my Windows 10 Home laptop. Like Jason said, I didn’t have to run the driver executable. Windows just recognized it and the update installed with no issues. Thank you both for your input.

Riven, can you post a video of just running through the steps you would normally take to update software. Just need to see the shortcut target line, then the activity when you attempt to run the shortcut (with the assumption it would otherwise work) Then open the log and scroll to the newest entry.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have tried on two windows 10 PCs now including reinstalling windows on one of them. I’m getting the same problem with no dialog box.

It isn’t an issue that can be resolved exactly, as it looks to be dependent on the system.

You will want to check your UAC settings/try to run the file as an administrator, or run on a Windows 7 or 8 machine.

We haven’t been able to replicate this. Are you able to post a screen-cap of the process?

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have tried on two windows 10 PCs now including reinstalling windows on one of them. I’m getting the same problem with no dialog box.

I did resolve it.

It installed properly on another Win10 device, and a complete reinstall of Windows 10 on the affected device fixed it too.