MyQ low battery alert

I recently received a Device Low Battery alert in the alarm.com app about one of my garage doors. I replaced the CR2450 battery with a new one (and also did my 2nd garage door in case it was going to be an issue). The problem is the alert has not cleared in the app. I have verified that the garage door functions properly from the app and I can’t find another reason for the continued alert.

Does the door status update when you open the door?

Double check the polarity on that battery just in case. You can potentially send a command to the door but not know the status changed in the app.

I sent a request to update the status and I still see a low battery for that same tilt sensor.

I’ve opened and closed the door from the app. It works fine but no update to the status.
Just to confirm- this alert would apply to the MyQ sensor that is velcroed to the garage door?

Yes, if you replaced the battery in it I would guess the polarity is wrong (upside down) since status doesn’t update.

I reversed the battery just to try it but I know it was correct for 2 reasons- 1. The + marking corresponded with the way I inserted the battery. 2. I changed the other garage door battery at the same time just in case it was running low and it didn’t produce a low battery alert and I did it’s battery the same.

Any other ideas?

Battery may just be a bad one. Did you try swapping the other known working battery into the sensor that isn’t updating status?

Swapped the battery and no change. The low battery alert stayed with the original door and wasn’t dependent on which battery was in it. Everything functions normally (I can open and close both doors from the app and get the proper open or closed status) but I can’t get the low battery alert to clear.

To confirm, this is the MyQ Tilt Sensor attached to an 821LM hub, is that correct?

Try removing the battery from the MyQ Tilt Sensor for at about ten minutes. Then re-add the battery. Afterwards, actuate the wall button to open/close the door a couple times. This should clear the low battery alert. You may need to log out of ADC then log back in to see the alert go away.

So I tried what you said (actually a couple of times) without any luck. Then we had a power outage Saturday evening due to a storm for a few hours. The next morning I opened and closed the garage door and miraculously that cleared the low battery alert.

Interesting, the brief reboot may well be the reason it was able to re-establish the connection with the tilt. The setup doesnt actually know what the tilt sensors battery level is, it knows how many times the door has opened/closed. At around 7K cycles, the battery will report low as the battery should be dead at around 10k cycles.

I too have an uncleared “battery low” alert that has been active for a week now, after changing to a new battery.

I’m perplexed though, why did the alert happen in the first place? If you admit that the hub doesn’t actually read the tilt sensor battery level, why did I get a low battery alert in the first place? A day after installation! The “old” battery was probably fine.

Still I have an uncleared alert after opening / closing the door maybe a dozen times. With a new battery. I power cycled the hub to no avail

Still I have an uncleared alert after opening / closing the door maybe a dozen times. With a new battery. I power cycled the hub to no avail

It looks like you do not have an ADC account through us, is that correct? I would be unable to say for certain what your issue is.

MyQ suggests that opening/closing the roll up door should resolve the low battery, although it make take 6 times to do so.

Garage Tilt testing steps for the MyQ can be found here.

Also check to make sure that this low battery alert is referencing the tilt sensor for the MyQ Hub. If you have any similarly named RF Sensors or Z-Wave devices (like an interior garage door. or a z-wave lock labelled garage, etc) it could be one of those devices reporting the low battery. Your ADC dealer should be able to tell for sure.

I have the same problem. I have changed battery twice, removed and replaced, disconnected power. It’s been weeks, door opens and closes with correct status with no problems what so ever. Signed in and out of application,.nothing works to clear low battery. Door is fully operational every time!