MyQ Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Suddenly Not Responding

I’ve used my MyQ Liftmaster Garage Door Opener with my Alarm.com system and account for almost 2 years now. A couple days ago, when trying to close the garage door, it suddenly disconnected and gave me the following error code:

Malfunction (Garage Door) indicates that this device is unable to send signals to your security panel. Automation rules and commands to control this device may not work.

Trying to refresh the connection between the two via the alarm.com website doesn’t resolve the issue.

My first thought was to delete and re-add the device, but I can’t seem to delete devices myself–which is honestly incredible frustrating. I built this system myself. I should be able to delete devices without having to reach out to support for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First ensure the gateway has power and is connected to Wi-Fi (green light). Then open/close the garage via the wall-button. Does this update the status and resolve the malfunction?

If not, we can send commands to delete the gateway from Alarm.com, then you can re-add via the Alarm.com website. Unfortunately only the dealer can delete the myQ gateway at this time.

So the problem seems to be that the hub no longer thinks it has an internet connection. When I powercycle the device, it blinks the green, blue, and then orange lights, before going blank for a moment. It then flashes the blue and green lights.

According to the link below, this indicates 1) that it has a linked device and 2) that it has internet info, but it can’t get an internet connection.

My internet is still working, so I don’t totally know what’s up. Could you remove the device from my account so that I can try to connect to it with the app again to see if I can get it figured out?

Commands have been sent at this time to remove the myQ from your Alarm.com account. This may take about 5 minutes to resolve.

Once you are ready to re-pair with Alarm.com, this can be done via Settings > Manage Devices via the Alarm.com website.