MyQ gate opener

I currently have ADC with my monitoring through Reliant (they are terrible and I will be switching soon). I have an 828LM MyQ Gateway and garage door opener connected to it that has been working fine. I had my gate openers replaced this weekend with a MyQ compatible LiftMaster LA400UL. There are two sets of instructions in the manual on how to connect it to the gateway, neither of which match the on-screen instructions from alarm.com. Eventually, I was able to get the thing connected to the gateway using the instructions in the manual. The “Gate” opener popped up in the system and now I can see it. However, when I send the “open” command, it is not opening. Could this be a range issue? I moved the gateway to a room closer to the gate, and it still will not open. The garage door opener is probably 20 feet from the gate opener and it is working fine, even when the gateway was in its original (much further) location. The gate works fine using the remotes and keypad.

It could always be a range/signal issue, but it’s hard to say that with any certainty.

Being able to check the history and status of the device would be tremendously helpful in this case. There may be record of commands failing to be acknowledged.

When you open and close the gate locally, does the Alarm.com app/website note the change in status when refreshed? It would be telling if the status did not make it to ADC at all.

I logged in to ADC and I did not see any events related to the gate. When I click “open” in the app, it says “opening” for quite a while, but it didn’t open and eventually just goes back to “closed”. However, after doing this again, I now see a “Gate offline” event.

I’m not referring to controlling from the app. I mean when you open and close the gate locally from a keypad, etc. not the app, Alarm.com should be receiving the updated status. Not seeing any events in history is pretty telling. To be sure:

Open the gate locally, then check the app, refresh, if no status update that means the Gate is not updating the Gateway potentially with any info. You would likely need to remove and re-install that operator into your MyQ Gateway.

Gotcha. I opened the gate from an opener, then closed it with the keypad. Neither event registered on ADC. Also, under “Issues” I now have “Malfunction (Gate)”.

It sounds like the Gate and Gateway did not successfully pair. I would recommend deleting it from the gateway and try to pair again. Any luck after re-install?

Looks like I don’t have the ability to remove the device from ADC. I’ll have to call Reliant. Sigh.

So, how do I go about switching to Surety? Will the IQ panel work with my existing system? I currently have one main Go Control panel and a secondary keypad/panel. Would I be good-to-go with the following?

Also, given that I have cameras, thermostats, etc., I’ll need the Surety Home plan, correct? And then I just call and cancel my existing monitoring?

The standard IQ Panel 2+ would not be compatible with your existing 2GIG sensors. There is a model that is however.

You would want specifically the 345 Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+ found here. The same IQ Remote that you linked above would be fine.

What model of cameras are you referring to? If you have Alarm.com video cameras you would either add-on video service to Surety Home or go with Surety Complete. (You can switch your plan literally at any time through your System Manager on our website, so no need to worry over the choice up front)

I have 2 cameras indoors. They are both ADC-V520IR. I’d like to add at least 2 of the
ADC-V723; I just need to get with my electrician to figure out power.

I didn’t even notice the other plan options at the top of the page. Yes, I’ll need Surety Complete.

I see, yep that would be the best way to start out. Can adjust your plan as you go!

After you purchase your service plan and panel, we will apply a one month credit for monitoring, as currently all panel/module purchases come with a free month of service. At this time, that would be a free month #2 in your case with the 345 Mhz version.

Will the Thermostat Remote Temperature Sensor work with an ADC-T2000?

Yes, the ADC-S2000-T-RB works with the ADC-T2000 & the ADC-T3000.