MyQ Garage closing issue

Hi,

I just installed the MyQ Garage, paired it with my alarm.com account, door sensor and Genie opener. Everything seems to work, opening, status, etc., but closing is intermittent. I have tried it from the alarm.com web portal and from the iPhone app. Sometimes closing works, sometimes it doesn’t. I received this message on the web portal: “We are still awaiting confirmation from your system that your remote command has taken effect. Please check back (or refresh the page) in a few minutes to make sure your doors are in the desired state.”

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
David

Is this a Wifi hub? Have you checked to make sure that wifi connection is solid in the garage?

If it is pretty consistently just closing that causes the issue, it may be beneficial to remove, default, and re-add the device. A hiccup during initial connection can cause lingering problems.

Yes, it is the wifi hub. WiFi signal is strong in the garage, so I don’t think it’s that. It does seem that only closing has intermittent issues. So you are saying to have customer service remove the device from my alarm.com account, reset it to defaults and then go through the add process again?

Thanks,
David

Yes, if you have determined wifi communication to not be an issue and you are regularly having an issue with one of the functions, it is best to try a default and reinstall.

would you like us to remove the device for you?

Yes, please remove the MyQ wifi hub from my account.

We’ve sent a command to do so. Should take no longer than five to ten minutes.

Hi, could you remove it again? I reset, added it back in and now it won’t open or close. I’m going to go exchange it tonight. The power adapter has already died, so the issues may be related to that.

Thanks,
David

I’ve sent another command to remove the hub. Should be received in the next minutes or so.