My Q Lyft Master

Hello, how do I go about adding my garage door to my alarm.con
It’s a My Q Lyft Master garage door. Thank you!

Happy to assist!

In order to incorporate LiftMaster MyQ with your Alarm.com account, you need the Liftmaster/Chamberlain MyQ add-on ($1 /mo)

Changes to your service plan are made through the System Manager feature of your Surety account. This process can be done at anytime.

Once the add-on has been enabled. MyQ devices are associated through the Alarm.com Website (not the mobile app). Start by logging in and navigating to Settings > Manage Devices > Add Device > Garage > and selecting the MyQ option that matches the equipment in use.

MyQ can only be paired to one account at a time. If your MyQ is paired to the native app, it will need to be removed first before it can be added to your Alarm.com account.

Okay I have added it and when I try to add the serial number it does give me an error code. I don’t know how to find out if it’s connected to anything else, i tried to see if I have an account with Lyft master or My Q and my email is not appearing. I know the garage door was connected to my Old alarm.com login to which I can’t get into anymore since that was only possible for when I had ADT. What would be my next step?

Removed Image by admin

That message indicates that the MyQ device is connected to another account, either Alarm.com or MyQ. If you had this device connected to another Alarm.com account through a different provider, and that account was not cancelled, the MyQ device may still be associated.

1. Step one would be to remove the device from the old ADC account, or native MYQ app, whichever it is attached to. Once removed, try pairing it to your new ADC account via the steps above.

2. Step two, the MyQ device saves account link data and may need factory reset before it can be added to your new ADC account. if it is already removed from step one but still can’t be included, it would need to be factory reset before associating it with the new Alarm.com account.

Additionally, I have removed the image from the public forum as it contained serial information unique to the device. You can send information like that to us via Private Message in the future.

Okay, I will try this. Thank you! & my apologies. Still trying to figure out how this all works.

Okay. I was able to put my garage door and also my indoor camera. Now last question is how do I add my outdoor camera that is wired through the wall connecting it to inside my attic?

Is the camera wired for power, wired for ethernet connection, or PoE (Power over Ethernet)? Do you know the model of the camera, or can you submit a clear photo of the camera?

Steps on how to connect a camera via Ethernet can be found here: