Multiple Doorbell Analytics Rules

Is it possible to create multiple video analytics rules for the doorbell? For example, it would be great to have a default rule for when the system is disarmed, but for it to behave differently when the system is armed. Currently it’s either/or it seems - you can have the rule active only if disarmed or armed, but then the other system state isn’t covered.

Only one video analytics rule can be configured per doorbell.

For example, it would be great to have a default rule for when the system is disarmed, but for it to behave differently when the system is armed.

So that we can provide a use case for Alarm.com , what different behavior would you like to implement?

I think an easy example is when system is disarmed just record and notify if motion is detected. But when system is armed or at night, use the feature to flash the LED light and make an audible noise to warn people away.

Happy to forward to ADC! It makes sense to offer a separate time-frame for perimeter guard.

I second this request. It would be nice to have the perimeter guard only active during certain hours, or during certain arming states, but to send a notification 24/7.

Example: I want to be notified of someone standing on my front porch at all hours of the day. For instance, to see when I get deliveries. But, I only want the camera to make a deterrence sound at night or while armed, so as to not annoy the delivery workers or normal visitors.

As is, I have to create two separate rules for that, which takes up valuable slots, or, in the case of the doorbell, just isn’t possible with only one slot.

So, thanks for submitting the feature request. Hopefully they listen!

EDIT: Actually, it appears they’ve already enabled this feature for the doorbell, but not for the cameras. I wonder why.