Moving Safewatch 3000 to Surety

Looking at moving my SafeWatch 3000 from ADT to Surety, looks like the ADC-SEM210-VT-VZ is out of stock and may be discontinued (?).

Is there an alternative from Surety besides replacing the 20p outright, or can I bring a different ADC-SEM that you don’t offer (like ADC-SEM300-***)? Thanks

Do u have hardwired sensors or wireless

Wired doors and windows, wireless smoke. I think the motion sensors are wired.

Ok if u wanted to replace the System u could get the IQ 4 since u have one smoke just replace it with a Powerg Smoke and get a Powerg Translator for the wired sensors

1 Like

Thanks for the info, good to know. Better than replacing sensors, but looks like I’ll wait to see if surety offers a different SEM or gets more of the SEM210s.

Ah, looks like the SEM300 will work if I can get ahold of one.

Yes, the SEM300 is the current model and is supported. You can obtain equipment from any source and use it with Surety.

For modules you would just need to be sure they are unregistered, not currently linked to an Alarm.com account.

1 Like

Thanks. I see there’s also an ADC-SEM300-VT-VZ and an ADC-SEM300-VT-VZ-M. Is either preferred by Surety?

Either works. The ADC-SEM300-VT-VZ-M version uses the LTE CAT-M1 network made for IOT devices.

1 Like

For modules you would just need to be sure they are unregistered, not currently linked to an Alarm.com account.

Ok, I’ve partially installed (EDIT: I mean, physical install is complete) the SEM300 into my Safewatch 3000, swapped the PROM out to a Vista 20p PROM, and removed the ADT communicator. It’s still powered down.

Next step in the SEM3000 install guide says to create an alarm.com account, but your comment says not to register it with alarm.com?

What’s my next step in getting set up with surety as my provider? Thanks!

Creation of your Alarm.com account is an automatic part of the setup process on our website. Get started here and follow the steps.

1 Like