Moving advice

I am moving soon and considering leaving my system behind for the buyers. Do I need to do anything to remove my codes from the system and enrolled smart locks?

If you will be leaving a system behind for new owners, it is typically best to remove your panel user codes (can delete them on the Users page in Alarm.com.) and change your master code, the one associated with the primary user in Alarm.com, to the default code, 1111 for 2GIG panels.

It would be beneficial to the new owners to default any programming code for the door locks. This would depend on the lock model. Yale locks for example have a programming code separate from and not impacted by Alarm.com codes.

You may also wish to change the installer code to default 1561 for the new buyer.

Is it possible to just disassociate my panel from my Alarm.com account? I plan on getting a new ADC-compatible system for our new house.

An account must always be assigned a system communication ID, so you would need the new system first in order to perform a swap, but yes, you can simply leave the account active and request that we swap the Alarm.com communication module number on the account when you have it. However, note this will not affect user codes on the original panel in any way. You would want to perform the steps suggested above.

If there will be more than one month of downtime it is typically better to cancel the current service and start a new subscription once you are ready with the new system.

If there will be less than one month of downtime, you can submit a secure message with your new Alarm.com communication module ID, along with the new Address information. This page shows the steps to take when reporting a change of address.