Motion Sensor in Garage

I was thinking about putting 2gig motion detectors in the garage. Do you think this will work and not false? Especially in the summer when the garage can get really hot inside?

I would not hook this up so that it displatched police. It would be to automate lights.

Are there motion detectors that work with the GC2 yet that are not passive IR and better? For example, microave motion senors?

For application in a non-temperature controlled environment, I would always opt for outdoor rated sensors. For 2GIG the best option would be the 5800PIR-OD from Honeywell.

Using indoor standard PIRs from 2GIG would likely result in false alarms and a shorter sensor life-span from temperatures outside of its operating range.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think this Outdoor motion sensor is OK? Its about 1/3rd the cost of the honeywell version

alula Resolution Products RE253 Optex Outdoor PIR Motion Sensor Honeywell & 2GIG Compatible

I can’t say I’ve used the RE253 in its current form. I feel like there was an older version I have used. The current one should be the same as the RE653 except it would have a Honeywell transmitter instead of a Connect+ transmitter. From the specs I’d give the RE253 a shot first but I’d buy it from somewhere with a decent return policy in case it doesn’t work well.