Motion sensor in garage with no HVAC

Hello, we have an uninsulated garage with no HVAC in Rhode Island, and I was wondering if the motion sensors you guys have on the website would work well in this temperature range. We had a GE Interlogix sensor there with the previous system that was working well as far as I can tell (although the temperature range is less wide than the one advertised on your website), but we moved it inside and wanted to check your thoughts on this location before ordering a new one. Thanks!

If the Interlogix motion detector worked in that location, the Qolsys Motion should as well.

The Qolsys Motion operates at a range of 14 °F to 122 °F

Great, thanks! Last thing, I was unable to add one of the GE interlogix motion sensors we previously had with frontpoint (it was in the basement, conditioned), as it isn’t being picked up by the panel. All of the other ones worked well - I changed the batteries and opened the case several times but nothing. I can still see the led light turn on as I open the case, but it just won’t add. Is there any troubleshooting we could do for this or does it mean it’s pretty much broken at this point?

Do you know the part number for the sensor? How far away is the sensor from the panel?

Typically you can trigger the sensor to learn in by triggering the motion itself during auto learn mode. Leave the motion alone for about five minutes. Then enter auto learn mode on the panel and trigger motion on the sensor. Does it learn in?

It’s a GE Interlogix NX-480, identical to 5 or more that I was able to easily add to the system. The sensor is 3 inches away from the panel for installation, and I tried triggering it with motion and then opening the back case. I think it might be broken but wanted to make sure there wasn’t any additional troubleshooting I could do before ordering a new one.

Its possible that it is broken. When was the last time it worked properly?

If the motion is triggered, it will “sleep” for 3 minutes before it will activate again, to conserve battery. If you try to enroll it while in this state it will fail to enroll.

Thanks! I’ll give it one more try and then order a new one if it doesn’t work